The All New Occasionally Aussie P+B Quiz League and ☕ Occasional Cup ☕

6 hours ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

It's time for the play-offs! Six teams in action for your Friday night fixtures...

First up, it's hands across the Irish Sea, as Rangers (The Kincardine) take on Linfield (AFJ). Seldom will the stakes be higher in a meeting between these two clubs ... the prize is a place in The Premiership next season...

Couldn't we have had a two-part tie-breaker so we could enjoy some cultural music at half time?  I believe that's the tradition.  Anyway, I've guessed Qatar's standing based on my estimation of AFJ's age.

I've just handed my notice in at work, so it is with gay abandon that I can update the league tables while I'm supposed to be working. With all results in bar one (Dee Man is probably still trying to figure out the Perth distance question), here are the results of the first three-league season...
In the Premiership, Frankie nicked it on the final day and gains his fourth top gong, with Tynieness scooping 2nd place. Deej and Peasy23 drop down to the Stealers league, and Kincardine finds himself in the play-off. 
1-prem.png.bff9f6a0dfef8da2561a39f57953b9b1.png
Where he'll be playing AFJ who did just enough to secure 3rd place with a late run. Congratulations to Cowden0 and Leeds Saint who both come 1st. Unfortunately, they both have the same score and QD, so how can we decide who goes into the history books as the first ever Stealers Wheel Champion? Why, a play off of course! Meanwhile at the bottom, Gman and SlipperyP drop down to the Beazer and Arabdownunder (three time Premiership champion) finds himself in the playoff. 
2-steal.png.29c5b9ff4dea0219a119769b6b41b4dc.png
And finally, in the BHL, congrats to gkneil who romped the league with a mammoth 35 points. Helpma joins him in the SWL on his debut season, and it's Ross in the play-offs. 
3-beaz.png.dc2c8661e8499996c70347f40f5e0b55.png

Play-off question to follow...

A strange symmetry with the Queens badge right at the top and right at the bottom. Shame I'm the one at the bottom [emoji17]

4 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

Couldn't we have had a two-part tie-breaker so we could enjoy some cultural music at half time?  I believe that's the tradition.  Anyway, I've guessed Qatar's standing based on my estimation of AFJ's age.

I doubt Qatar's lofty ambitions can match my callow youth of 25, although the spell of cultural music you refer to would be most welcome :whistle

Can I just point out how great it is that people can quote the full league tables and it's perfectly readable on the app.

No longer annoying, merely a reminder of the standings.

Thanks to Cardy

The results of the play-off are in. I asked where Qatar were in the FIFA World Rankings. The correct answer was... drumroll please ... 89. 

In the battle for the Premiership, AFJ plumped for 94th and Kincardine 75 .... AFJ was closest so he nabs Kincardine's premiership spot. 

And it was between Cowden0 and Leeds Saint for who could achieve the first ever Stealers Wheel championship. Cowden went for 62 and Leeds Saint 108 so it gives me great pleasure to award him the title. Hard lines Cowden0 but you're still promoted. 

And finally in the the last Stealers Wheel spot, Arabdownunder went for 97 and Ross 100... so ADU keeps his place!

It's Monday Monday in the part of Oz where the quiz is prepared so it's time to start another season in the Chirpy Chirpy Cheep Cheep division. A stunning start with 5 out of 6 but a few substitutions buggered things up for a full time score of 6/10. Knew all 6 though.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/mind-games/quiz?quizId=6683&sectionId=1