The All New Occasionally Aussie P+B Quiz League and ☕ Occasional Cup ☕

Afternoon peeps, hope your day is going well! Well thanks to Tynieness and Blackislekillie the quarter final ties are now complete. So it's time for the round up.

First up is
Pleslie v Blackislekillie is
Experienced campaigner BIK slow out of the blocks in this one but still managed a decent 4. Pleslie obviously saw a chance and took advantage to score an excellent 6 to take a 2 point lead. Second half was always going to be a slog for BIK and Pleslie hit back on the break to take the second half 5-4 and cement his place in the semis.
Pleslie (6+5) 11 v 8 (4+4) Blackislekillie

Tynieness v AlanG
Tynie like BIK also slow out of the blocks and this tie basically over by half time. AlanG taking a 4 point lead into the second half by 7-3. Muchnimproved from Tynie second half and some honour regained with a near perfect 6 though AlanG kept pushing on and also scored a 6 for a near perfect and best of round score of 13.
Tynieness (3+6) 9 v 13 (7+6) AlanG

DeeJ v Cowden0
Could the conqueror of WRK continue his push for glory here? Well Cowden0 wasn't going to lie down and take it without a fight. First half finely balanced at 5-5. Another decent half from Cowden0 meant DeeJ had to fight till the end but his perfect 7 showed he had the bottle for the fight.
DeeJ (5+7) 12 v 10 (5+5) Cowden0

Cardinal Richelieu v The_Kincardine
After Cardys almost perfect score in the last round his hopes would have been high going into this one. Kincy though not an easy opponent and someone who's always capable of pulling a result out of the bag. Close first half though Kincy edging it by a point. Cardy improved his score second half but it wasn't enough as Kincy did the same.
Cardinal Richelieu (4+5) 9 v 11 (5+6) The_Kincardine

So the semi final line up is
Pleslie
AlanG1993
DeeJ
The_Kincardine

I think it's fair to say it's anyone's cup this month so join me for the draw on Wednesday. As well as the draw i will have the details of the rejigging of the cup for next month.

Knew 4 and guessed 2 for an uninspiring 6.

Looking at the last league table you need to be averaging over 6 a day to stay in the top flight so that makes me relegation fodder straight away.

Oh and as for the cup...hard lines, Cardy.  It will give you no comfort to know I got the joint lowest score among the semi-finalists ;)