The All New Occasionally Aussie P+B Quiz League and ☕ Occasional Cup ☕

Just now, Jacksgranda said:

Ho,ho,ho

You should be docked a point for that...

As it stands, I can't be relegated from the diddy league and I look like having no chance of promotion this week. Dock away....

1 minute ago, Ross. said:

As it stands, I can't be relegated from the diddy league and I look like having no chance of promotion this week. Dock away....

Beyond my pay grade, that's up to His Eminence.

People get paid for this?!?!?!?!

Anyway, I'm in mourning today. No, not cos of him dying, cos I have to drive 12 miles in the bloody snow to start a new job. As such it might not be till late night before the league gets updated. A thousand sorries :(

Oh, and I only got 5 in the quiz. Buggery. 

Knew six and guessed four for a rather sweet 9/10, but I still got an Aussie question wrong - the second one - some celebrity guff.

That means I guessed the sport correctly but I can't even remember what my answer was as I am still employing the "hit an answer quickly" technique.

3 hours ago, Audaces Fortuna Juvat said:

Knew six and guessed four for a rather sweet 9/10, but I still got an Aussie question wrong - the second one - some celebrity guff.

That means I guessed the sport correctly but I can't even remember what my answer was as I am still employing the "hit an answer quickly" technique.

That works quite well, in my experience.

20 hours ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Get it copied and pasted into here please. emoji4.png

At the risk of offending Mr. Murdoch, I might do just that, as a one-off, for promo purposes only ;). I might subtly rephrase the questions so I'm not infringing copyright. I'll do it when I've got a spare fifteen minutes.

At the risk of offending Mr. Murdoch, I might do just that, as a one-off, for promo purposes only [emoji6]. I might subtly rephrase the questions so I'm not infringing copyright. I'll do it when I've got a spare fifteen minutes.

You won't be offending Rupe as The Oztralian is also one of his.

Spoiler

Answers

1) Phrixus 2) Mercury 3) Ships that carried Irish immigrants escaping Great Irish Famine 4) Henry II 5) Herbie Mann 6) Alan Turing 7) Ajaccio, Corsica 8)-Ibn or bin 9) Benito Juarez 10) Earth, Wind and Fire 11) Tintoretto 12) Stonehenge 13) Chihuahua and Chinese crested 14) Long jump 15) Jenny Lind

Ok, by popular demand:

1) In Greek mythology, the ram that produced the Golden Fleece was sacrificed by which twin brother of Helle?

2) Which metallic element forms alloys called amalgams?

3) Known in Irish as cónra-long ,what were coffin ships?

4) Which English king was known as FitzEmpress because he was the son of Matilda?

5) Which jazz flautist released the 1969 album 'Memphis Underground'?

6) Who published the groundbreaking paper 'Computing Machinery and Intelligence' in 'Mind' in 1950?

7) In which city can you find Napoleon Bonaparte Airport and Maison Bonaparte?

8)-Which three-letter Arabic word denotes 'son of'?

9) Which Liberal politician (1806-72) of Zapotec origin was Mexico's first indigenous president?

10) Which US funk band, founded by Maurice White, had hits with 'Shining Star' and 'September'?

11) The Venetian painter Marietta Robusti (d 1590) was the daughter of which artist?

12) Sir Cecil Chubb (1876-1934) was the last private owner of which prehistoric monument? 

13) The chi-chi is a cross between which two dog breeds?

14) In 2015, Great Britain's Shara Proctor won a world championship silver medal in which field event?

15) Which 19th century opera singer is pictured?

IMG_0384.JPG

Edited by Frankie S

To get around the spoiler ban...

ɐqlǝW ʎllǝN

¿pǝɹnʇɔᴉd sᴉ ɹǝƃuᴉs ɐɹǝdo ʎɹnʇuǝɔ ɥʇ6Ɩ ɥɔᴉɥM (ϛƖ

dɯnɾ ƃuo˥

¿ʇuǝʌǝ plǝᴉɟ ɥɔᴉɥʍ uᴉ lɐpǝɯ ɹǝʌlᴉs dᴉɥsuoᴉdɯɐɥɔ plɹoʍ ɐ uoʍ ɹoʇɔoɹԀ ɐɹɐɥS s,uᴉɐʇᴉɹq ʇɐǝɹפ 'ϛƖ0ᄅ uI (ㄣƖ

nzʇᴉɥƆ ˙˙˙ɹɹǝ ˙˙˙puɐ ɐɥnɐɥᴉɥƆ

¿spǝǝɹq ƃop oʍʇ ɥɔᴉɥʍ uǝǝʍʇǝq ssoɹɔ ɐ sᴉ ᴉɥɔ-ᴉɥɔ ǝɥ┴ (ƐƖ

ǝƃuǝɥǝuoʇS

¿ʇuǝɯnuoɯ ɔᴉɹoʇsᴉɥǝɹd ɥɔᴉɥʍ ɟo ɹǝuʍo ǝʇɐʌᴉɹd ʇsɐl ǝɥʇ sɐʍ (ㄣƐ6Ɩ-9ㄥ8Ɩ) qqnɥƆ lᴉɔǝƆ ɹᴉS (ᄅƖ

oʇʇǝɹoʇuᴉ┴

¿ʇsᴉʇɹɐ ɥɔᴉɥʍ ɟo ɹǝʇɥƃnɐp ǝɥʇ sɐʍ (06ϛƖ p) ᴉʇsnqoɹ ɐʇʇǝᴉɹɐW ɹǝʇuᴉɐd uɐᴉʇǝuǝΛ ǝɥ┴ (ƖƖ

pɐoɹlᴉɐɹ ʞunℲ puɐɹפ

¿,ɹǝqɯǝʇdǝS, puɐ ,ɹɐʇS ƃuᴉuᴉɥS, ɥʇᴉʍ sʇᴉɥ pɐɥ 'ǝʇᴉɥM ǝɔᴉɹnɐW ʎq pǝpunoɟ 'puɐq ʞunɟ S∩ ɥɔᴉɥM (0Ɩ

ɐllᴉΛ oɥɔuɐԀ

¿ʇuǝpᴉsǝɹd snouǝƃᴉpuᴉ ʇsɹᴉɟ s,oɔᴉxǝW sɐʍ uᴉƃᴉɹo ɔǝʇodɐZ ɟo (ᄅㄥ-908Ɩ) uɐᴉɔᴉʇᴉlod lɐɹǝqᴉ˥ ɥɔᴉɥM (6

uᴉq

¿,ɟo uos, sǝʇouǝp pɹoʍ ɔᴉqɐɹ∀ ɹǝʇʇǝl-ǝǝɹɥʇ ɥɔᴉɥM(8

˙oᴉɔɔɐɾ∀ ʇɐ ssǝnפ ˙ɐᴉʇsɐq ɹo oᴉɔɔɐɾ∀ ǝq ɐuuoƃ s,ʇI

¿ǝʇɹɐdɐuoq uosᴉɐW puɐ ʇɹodɹᴉ∀ ǝʇɹɐdɐuoq uoǝlodɐN puᴉɟ noʎ uɐɔ ʎʇᴉɔ ɥɔᴉɥʍ uI (ㄥ

ƃuᴉɹn┴ uɐl∀

¿0ϛ6Ɩ uᴉ ,puᴉW, uᴉ ,ǝɔuǝƃᴉllǝʇuI puɐ ʎɹǝuᴉɥɔɐW ƃuᴉʇndɯoƆ, ɹǝdɐd ƃuᴉʞɐǝɹqpunoɹƃ ǝɥʇ pǝɥsᴉlqnd oɥM (9

sᴉʌɐp sǝlᴉW

¿,punoɹƃɹǝpu∩ sᴉɥdɯǝW, ɯnqlɐ 696Ɩ ǝɥʇ pǝsɐǝlǝɹ ʇsᴉʇnɐlɟ zzɐɾ ɥɔᴉɥM (ϛ

II ʎɹuǝH

¿ɐplᴉʇɐW ɟo uos ǝɥʇ sɐʍ ǝɥ ǝsnɐɔǝq ssǝɹdɯƎzʇᴉℲ sɐ uʍouʞ sɐʍ ƃuᴉʞ ɥsᴉlƃuƎ ɥɔᴉɥM (ㄣ

sǝoʇɐʇoԀ

¿,,sdᴉɥs uᴉɟɟoɔ,, ǝɹǝʍ ʇɐɥʍ ,, 'ƃuol-ɐɹuóɔ sɐ ɥsᴉɹI uᴉ uʍouʞ (Ɛ

ɔuᴉZ

¿sɯɐƃlɐɯɐ pǝllɐɔ sʎollɐ sɯɹoɟ ʇuǝɯǝlǝ ɔᴉllɐʇǝɯ ɥɔᴉɥM (ᄅ

sǝᴉɹ∀

¿ǝllǝH ɟo ɹǝɥʇoɹq uᴉʍʇ ɥɔᴉɥʍ ʎq pǝɔᴉɟᴉɹɔɐs sɐʍ ǝɔǝǝlℲ uǝploפ ǝɥʇ pǝɔnpoɹd ʇɐɥʇ ɯɐɹ ǝɥʇ 'ʎƃoloɥʇʎɯ ʞǝǝɹפ uI (Ɩ