The All New Occasionally Aussie P+B Quiz League and ☕ Occasional Cup ☕

Evening all. Hope ye all enjoyed the doonhamers v Arabs match in the original Diddly Dee Jamjar Trophy semis [emoji23]. Anyhoo's onto our Diddly Dee Jamjar Trophy quarter finals.

The scores are in for
The_Kincardine v alang1993
Another close match up with little quarter given or taken. Tit for tat scoring first half till Kincy nicked a lead on the half 6-5. Second half continued in the same way with nothing in it. Same tit for tat scoring though AlanG unable to steal the extra point needed for the replay, 2nd half finishing 5-5
The_Kincardine (6+5) 11 v 10 (5+5) AlanG1993

1 minute ago, eckthearab said:

Evening all. Hope ye all enjoyed the doonhamers v Arabs match in the original Diddly Dee Jamjar Trophy semis emoji23.png. Anyhoo's onto our Diddly Dee Jamjar Trophy quarter finals.

The scores are in for
The_Kincardine v alang1993
Another close match up with little quarter given or taken. Tit for tat scoring first half till Kincy nicked a lead on the half 6-5. Second half continued in the same way with nothing in it. Same tit for tat scoring though AlanG unable to steal the extra point needed for the replay, 2nd half finishing 5-5
The_Kincardine (6+5) 11 v 10 (5+5) AlanG1993

Oooft.  50 years on and I now know how Berwick Rangers feel.  Hard lines to Ala Ng but feel welcome to join me in the bath for a post-match glass of fizz, hen:

babycham.JPG.13f4779622e59bbcf6a365fe33a875ae.JPG

I don't see why these cheating Aussie c***s like Swarley and Eednud should get a vote, Dee Man's ok because all he's learnt so far is that the weather's better in Dundee.

deeb1cabd4c4bfb93f686920e0a530c0.jpg

I'd add that I rarely get any of the Aussie related questions correct. I rarely get many questions correct!

23 hours ago, eckthearab said:

Right, Cup News!!!!

I've just received 2 scores which helps complete 2 of the ties.

Whiterosekillie v Blackislekilie

This was always going to be a massive match up and so it proved. WRK being our most successful quizzers to date and BIK, who has been there or thereabouts several times in the league trying to provide a shock. WRK came flying out the traps and put BIK under pressure and took the first half 6-4. BIK came out resurgent in the second and pushed WRK all the way and indeed won the second half. Unfortunately for BIK it wasn't to be enough as despite taking the second 6-5, he exits the cup by a single point.

Whiterosekillie (6+5) 11 v 10 (4+6) Blackislekilie

FrankieS v Welshbairn

A good first half from both here with good scoring on both sides. Frankie however managed to just edge the first 6-5. Second half proved slightly more 1 sided though as Welshbairn just couldn't seem to find an answer to Frankie's consistency. FrankieS taking the second 5-3.

FrankieS (6+5) 11 v 8 (5+3) Welshbairn

So we're still awaiting 3 sets of scores from Kincy, DeeJ and Jagfox to complete the last 8 ties. C'mon guys, fingers oot!!

Quiz marks in. I'm up for keeping the Aussie quiz. Happy for @Cardinal Richelieu to do a weekly quiz while he's on his sabbatical though.

Edited by jagfox99

2 minutes ago, Audaces Fortuna Juvat said:

The official "Keep The Cardinal" campaign will be launching shortly.

Despite my voting for change I have to agree that it would a shame for him to miss out.

I think he'd rather set the quiz than take part. Don't see what's wrong with giving him a go for a week, we can always go back to the Aussie one after.

Cheers guys. Opinion is the epitome of very much divided. It's too late for me to do a quiz for this week, so we'll proceed with a 16 team top league for this week and we can bicker further during the week. 

You're right I would probably make the quiz than take the quiz, but you're right that I do enjoy the cut and thrust of participating in the league. 

So, participate in the league, and make the new League Cup.

Job's a good 'un.

Or use the Aussie quiz during the long Scottish winter aka the footie season and have His Eminence run a close season quiz. That way we get a summer quiz all year.

After a weekend of controversy here's what you've all been waiting for. A quiz. Not just any quiz but The Australian quiz being the substitute for The Guardian quiz. That sabbatical seems to be more than a sabbatical. Cardi you should push for the resurrection of that quiz and offer to compile some for them. Then we'll never know that it was one of yours when you score 10/10 :smartass. There is one Australian question today No. 2 about 2 past their use by date boxers. A relegation style 3/10 but knew all 3, Angkor Wat, cutlass and song lyrics. Good luck whichever division your in.  http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/mind-games/quiz?quizId=6233&sectionId=1

And here is the score from the last quarter final.

DeeJ v Jagfox99
Jagfox looking to prevent the clean sweep of home teams progressing here. Fairly even first half with no nothing spectacular happening tho DeeJ sneaked ahead at half time to lead 5-4. Jagfox unable to get any momentum 2nd half as DeeJ piled on the points and safely secured a semi final place just as the hosts have in the other 3 ties. Second half score 6-3.
DeeJ (5+6) 11 v 7 (4+3) Jagfox 99

So the semi final line up is a follows

Whiterosekillie
FrankieS
The_Kincardine
DeeJ

The draw will take place tomorrow evening.