The All New Occasionally Aussie P+B Quiz League and ☕ Occasional Cup ☕

As usual, I'm disappointed - 4/10. Got the king wrong, then 3 in a row and got the bible one. Knew the film star and explorer and fairly sure of location of capital, guessometer still on holidays.

15 hours ago, deej said:

In that case, the BHL is sorted with congratulations to the boss, champion @Cardinal Richelieu taking the title. @die hard doonhamer goes up automatically, finishing a point behind Cardinal, and 1 ahead of @Eednud who goes into the playoff against opposition TBD. 

In the top league (what's it even called??) @jagfox99 's relegation won't come as a surprise to him, scoring 20/50 through the week. Realistically could be any one of six also going down, with another one in the playoff.

Isn't this exciting

excited.gif

Who cares?

On 1/19/2017 at 10:55, Cardinal Richelieu said:

well I'm sitting enjoying a morning pint at Edinburgh Airport. logged in to view the league tables. and they're not here!!! poor showing Kincardine :(

Overtaken by events....apologies all round.  An ex wife wife with a flooded hoose and a netball-playing younger daughter with a burst lip.  The dug ate my homework.

7/10 for me for Friday.

Edited by The_Kincardine

Well here we are at the start of a new Quiz League campaign. This one is a bit different because some of us don't know which division we're in. Anyway nil desperandum and all that shite we'll carry on regardless. 7/10 to start my fight for the top/relegation/promotion. Knew first four, sambal, Wotld Cup and Mr Babbage. http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/mind-games/quiz?quizId=6033&sectionId=1

20 minutes ago, Eednud said:

Well here we are at the start of a new Quiz League campaign. This one is a bit different because some of us don't know which division we're in. Anyway nil desperandum and all that shite we'll carry on regardless. 7/10 to start my fight for the top/relegation/promotion. Knew first four, sambal, Wotld Cup and Mr Babbage. http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/mind-games/quiz?quizId=6033&sectionId=1

I'm in the Stupid Division. 2/10, saved by the football question, although I correctly guessed the Indonesian food, but I obviously didn't know that at the time.

5 out of 10 for a travel-weary Cardinal. 

Cheers to Deej for his efforts and to Kincardine for his best intentions. Can't be arsed trawling through it all tonight, but the league shall return tomorrow and probably a midweek semi-final in the cup since January is an unforgiving mistress. 

This country etc.