The All New Occasionally Aussie P+B Quiz League and ☕ Occasional Cup ☕

Well in a world first, Kilmarnock claim not one but 2 of the 3 top-spots in the league. 

And down the bottom, a lovely bit of guesswork from G_man should be enough to stave off another black star. Jacksgranda only needs to turn up to lift himself up the league. 

One question .. what the hell's gone wrong BWV?

Trophy Cabinet

M

Tu

W

Th

F

TOTAL

WhiteRoseKillie

Blackislekillie

eckthearab

★★★★

Leeds Saint

★★

The_Kincardine

BigBo10

Edmund

Cardinal Richelieu

Swarley

alang1993

Jagfox99

Dee_62

WILLIEA

SlipperyP

welshbairn

Peasy23

G_Man1985

★★★

die hard doonhamer

Jacksgranda

Supermik

Jmothecat

Ross.

Bully Wee Villa

Edited by Cardinal Richelieu

1 hour ago, Leeds Saint said:

My attempt at the cup questions;

Reveal hidden contents

1. John Peel

2. Marshall plan

3. Enron

4. All 'revolutions'

5. England v France?????

6. Rainfall?

7. Red square

8. Neitsche?

9. Tolpuddle martyrs?

10. Anfield

Not bad! Shame you're not in it :P

Just waiting for @jagfox99 and @WhiteRoseKilie to submit their answers to me so we can start the Cup Final hysteria. 

17 hours ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

With my excitement at Stranraer drawing East Kilbride in the "real cup".. I completely forgot about the semi-final draw. And here it is...

Jagfox99 vs WhiteRoseKillie

The_Kincardine vs Alang1993

Both ties to be played at Hampden (sorry Kincardine) at any point between now and Friday lunchtime. 

Edmund has sent me a stinker of a tie-break quiz if it's required, but in the meantime ... here is your quiz. No more guess-bombing your way through the rounds... from now you'll need to PM me your answers...

1. Whose autobiography, completed by his wife following his death in 2004, was entitled 'Margrave of the Marshes'?

2. What was the European Recovery Programme, which began operating in 1948, better known as?

3. Which company, which collapsed in 2002, was described by the Financial Times as 'a virtual company with virtual profits'?

4. Glorious, Orange, Rose, Velvet. What's the link?

5. Which English cricket fixture began in 1807 and continued on a regular basis until 1962?

6. Pluviometry is the measurement of what?

7. Where did a 19-year-old West German, Matthias Rust, land his Cessna aeroplane in 1987?

8. 'Why Men Fight' (1916), 'Why I Am Not a Christian' (1927), 'The Conquest of Happiness' (1930), 'In Praise of Idleness' (1935): all works by which philosopher?

9. Dalton Trumbo, Ring Lardner, Jr, Edward Dmytryk and seven others: what were they known as?

10. Which football ground was the home of Everton FC from 1884 until a rent dispute in 1891?

Good luck!

PM me the options then I'll PM the answers :lol:

I've got a fair idea about 6, need to think about the rest.

On way to Dundee so I may be some time :(

1 hour ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

Not bad! Shame you're not in it :P

Just waiting for @jagfox99 and @WhiteRoseKilie to submit their answers to me so we can start the Cup Final hysteria. 

I hope the tickets will be allocated 50/50...

1 hour ago, jagfox99 said:

PM me the options then I'll PM the answers :lol:

I've got a fair idea about 6, need to think about the rest.

On way to Dundee so I may be some time :(

Don't leave the  tent!

5. Annoyed I got the cricket one wrong, that's usually a strong subject for me.

I got 2/10 and that was the only one I was sure on. Was fairly certain on the NZ one, guessed wrongly on the other eight.

Worst part of the Madrid one is I've actually been there but I still didn't know.

And in the other semi-final, no shocks to be had, as WRK ran out a comfortable winner. Hard lines to Jagfox99...

WhiteRoseKillie 9-6 Jagfox99

Not much to note, except they both need to brush up on their English cricket (only Kincardine got that one) .. oh and their comment re: Matthias Rust was "Top Boi" and "Sum boi" respectively!

I lifted the quiz from here: http://www.independent.co.uk/extras/puzzles-and-games/quizzes/the-saturday-quiz-weekly-brain-teaser-a6934396.html

And so to the final.... sadly, it's a pair of Sassenachs in the final, so the Diddly Dee Jam Jar Trophy might be heading south. Hope we can get it back for next season. I'll try and dig out a pure stinker of a quiz for the final. 

The_Kincardine vs WhiteRoseKillie ... Hampden Park, weekend of 29th October. 

48 minutes ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

Not much to note, except they both need to brush up on their English cricket (only Kincardine got that one) .. oh and their comment re: Matthias Rust was "Top Boi" and "Sum boi" respectively!

The_Kincardine vs WhiteRoseKillie ... Hampden Park, weekend of 29th October. 

Years of driving 50,000 miles a year and listening to TMS in the 80s/90s.  No great credit.

43 minutes ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

Which dressing room have I got?

The away yin, as per the draw.  To ensure the highest standards of preparation I'm currently recruiting for a barman, a cocktail waitress and a fluffer.  All applications must include a selfie and costume measurements. 

Penultimate round of this week's league action sees a return of the way too man y fucking Aussie questions even for an Aussie quiz. Still manage 6/10 though. Knew some odds 3,5,7 and guessed some evens 4,6,8.  Good luck to the Cup Finalists and will going for the double affect WKR's push for the league title?  http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/mind-games/quiz?quizId=5413&sectionId=1