SHOW US YOUR DOGS!

Lofarl

We pick up our Labradoodle puppy later on today, about 2 years after mine and the wifes first discussion about getting a family dog. The timing is finally right. They ticked the most boxes for us, and after we took the kids to see him for the first time there was definately no going back

:)

This is Alfie an absolute pleasure to have. No casting, wife has athsma so couldn't get an absolute guarantee that he wouldn't cast hair all over the place it's worked out well for us. Great with kids and other dogs, never seen him aggressive he's 8 years old now and cannot recommend any of the doodle types highly enough. IMG-20170712-WA0002.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Had Blake in at the vets yesterday for his second set of inoculations. The vet called him a beast and said he's going to be absolutely massive, he's 6.6kg at 12 weeks.

Will get him out and about in a couple of days, although the temperatures on the increase again here this weekend so we'll be limited to early early or very late by the look of it.

On 26/06/2018 at 10:05, HI HAT said:

This is Alfie an absolute pleasure to have. No casting, wife has athsma so couldn't get an absolute guarantee that he wouldn't cast hair all over the place it's worked out well for us. Great with kids and other dogs, never seen him aggressive he's 8 years old now and cannot recommend any of the doodle types highly enough. IMG-20170712-WA0002.jpg

He looks like quite a big boy as well.

Blakes been no bother at all, completey toliet trained. He's sitting on comand, giving a paw and has just about got lie down as well. All within a week and a half.

I was told Labradoodles are smart but I've been suprised with how quickly he picks things up.

He looks like quite a big boy as well.
Blakes been no bother at all, completey toliet trained. He's sitting on comand, giving a paw and has just about got lie down as well. All within a week and a half.
I was told Labradoodles are smart but I've been suprised with how quickly he picks things up.

I love Labradoodles, I’m definitely getting one when / if I move back to the UK. In the meantime I just have to make do with visiting my mums dog Mollie when I’m home.
Daft as a brush, but a really cool dog.
I actually think I enjoy seeing her more than my mother.
Here she is with my sisters French Bulldog. IMG_3419.jpg

On 23/06/2018 at 11:51, Rizzo said:

Our old boy hates having his annual bath and always tries to jump out. However if you allow him to hold a toy in his gub he's quite happy. 

He's starting to sleep a lot now though so I worry that he won't be around for much longer. :(

20180623_114142.jpg

Looks a lot like my dog. ours is a mongrel we rescued from the council dug home. The best guess we have is that our dog is a cross between a patterdale and loads of other breeds. 

IMG_20180324_155636.thumb.jpg.42100cdff0c65b684e110542b7bb0349.jpg

58 minutes ago, Swordfishtrombone said:

Looks a lot like my dog. ours is a mongrel we rescued from the council dug home. The best guess we have is that our dog is a cross between a patterdale and loads of other breeds. 

IMG_20180324_155636.thumb.jpg.42100cdff0c65b684e110542b7bb0349.jpg

We actually did a DNA test on our dog and the resultstudy came back as 20% border collie, 20% rough collie, 25% white shepherd and 25% mixed terrier and 10% something I forget. To be fair he does look mostly collie-ish when you see him in proportion. We got Jake from the dogs trust when he was 9 or so after his owner had to move to sheltered housing.

Your wee guy does look very similar, I've often wondered what our dogs looked like as puppies. :lol:

On 23/06/2018 at 11:55, Spring Onion said:

For the 7000th time today so far, Can you throw my ball please?

20170316_174450.jpg

I had to look at that photo a view times as the face is similar markings to one of mine! :lol:

Snapchat-514813981.thumb.jpg.b2117a7b15fb32089c14cdc3a371c08b.jpg

Been trying to adopt/rescue a few dogs recently from various sources but it seems these homes don't like people who are about to have a child.

Me and the wife are big fans of rescuing rather than buying a puppy and both believe in children growing up around animals as we both did but it seems a lost cause at the moment.