SHOW US YOUR DOGS!

Lofarl

On 24/09/2017 at 12:35, John Lambies Doos said:

Me, the missus and the weans are thinking of getting a pup. Looking for a small to medium size dug ie not a wee ratty thing but probably not as big as a lab. Needs to be family friendly and not too demanding with walks etc... so medium energy. Anyone got any suggestions of breeds?

Sticking with the rescue theme above, why not a get a greyhound? It's a bit of work if you get one straight from the track, but the rescue groups are usually pretty good at matching available dogs with prospective owners. They're usually quick to learn & make brilliant pets.

3 short walks a day is plenty and they're the laziest lumps around (they're sprinters, not marathon runners). Once you've had one, you'll not go back to other breeds.

We got both our current dogs from West of Scotland Greyhound Trust - £100 donation expected, but the dog is neutered and up to date with vaccinations.

Here are our two after this afternoon's walk

Image may contain: dog and indoor

After nine months of stress, waiting, failed tests and dodgy vets my dog has finally emigrated from Shkoder to Scotland. It was non-stop travel for the last thirty-two hours and we're both knackered. So happy to have him home though, there were times I never thought it would happen. Judging by the size of him he wouldn't have survived on the streets so it's great to see him bouncing around the house with happiness. Time for a rest now though.
ac259dd050af86401a95b23c28ecf9c3.jpg

On 23/09/2017 at 07:18, mizfit said:

643ea58b6099626f739a1e13ecfa665f.jpg

Glad it's not just my dog that lies like this, skye_hooring.jpg.80da3eb1323f7fcd85f288ac7a8c5f62.jpg

Maybe it's a lab thing, I'm sure there's lab in our dog along with a dash of collie. A few months ago she was eating her dinner in the garden and was shat on by a seagull. :lol:

skye.jpg

Edited by Rizzo

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/25/2017 at 23:18, The Ginger Prince said:

I was never a dog person until I got mines, and didn’t realise you could actually love an animal as much as I do her. She’s actually a part of the family.

^ This.

A well cared for dog will always give  you so much love in return.

After nine months of hassle, my dog will be ready to enter the EU at the end of the month. All going well we'll fly from Tirana to Amsterdam and then take the ferry to Newcastle. Today I got sent this photo of him patiently waiting for me.

IMG_2950.thumb.JPG.88435e52de00026a6293443081a1046f.JPG

Did you get your dog back mate?

6 hours ago, Dindeleux said:

Did you get your dog back mate?

Yes I fucking did! It was 32 hours of almost constant travel on the way home and there were a couple of f**k ups along the way, but all was well in the end. The whole schedule was too full to consider it a holiday, but it was great catching up with everyone and finding out that despite my absence they're still showing Thistle games in my former local.

The dog is loving life in Scotland. It's a very different environment from Albania though. For instance he'd never seen someone jog before and it freaked him out for a few days. I'm needing to adjust too, vet fees are about eight times the cost in Albania.

It's fantastic finally having him home. It's made the other half and I very happy.

Yes I fucking did! It was 32 hours of almost constant travel on the way home and there were a couple of f**k ups along the way, but all was well in the end. The whole schedule was too full to consider it a holiday, but it was great catching up with everyone and finding out that despite my absence they're still showing Thistle games in my former local.

The dog is loving life in Scotland. It's a very different environment from Albania though. For instance he'd never seen someone jog before and it freaked him out for a few days. I'm needing to adjust too, vet fees are about eight times the cost in Albania.

It's fantastic finally having him home. It's made the other half and I very happy.

Super mate great news I’m delighted for you.

7 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Is that the seagull half eaten next to her foot?

I wish, her first reaction to other animals is to either mother them or run a mile. She's terrified of our chickens and won't go into the garden if they're wandering about. She's eating a cows trachea stuffed with green tripe hence why she's getting to eat it outdoors. 

Edited by Rizzo