Championship Manager 01/02

~~~

• 2 months later...

I can't get this to work on my laptop that runs Linux so I think for now my CM career is back on hiatus.

​I'd forgotten how random things could get at times in this game. I started my career off at Albion Rovers where I took them up to the First Division with consecutive promotions before sucummbing to relegation after 1 season. By the time I'd got to the First, Alloa had been bought over and were paying Tony Adams £33k a week to be player/manager. I think he chased promotion with them for about a season before spending the next 4 or 5 years skirting with relegation, still on £33k a week. They didn't spend a penny on new players that might be able to help them, just Tony Adams.

​An ageing Chris Waddle returned to Falkirk, in what must have been his mid-forties, for a couple of seasons before quietly disappearing.

​The Wayne Rooney playing for Arbroath thing I posted a while ago is quite wierd as well.

​I moved on to Dunfermline in I think 2009 after leaving Albion Rovers following a second promotion, and subsequently failing to win any of my first 6 games in the First with them. Dunfermline were a Second Division club, and had been from very early on in the game. Took them back to the first with Iain Diack being the star of a pretty poor team. Stayed a season or two with them before jumping ship to Hamilton Accies who were in the First Division. Took them to second in the league two seasons running with a Scottish Cup final defeat against Celtic in my final season.

​Most recently I was at Motherwell who I took from 11th in the SPL to 2 second place finishes on the trot and 2 Scottish Cup wins. Steven Craig was, at 33, the SPL's highest goalscorer with something like 35 goals. Some of the highlights were beating Barcelona twice in three seasons and qualifying for the second round of the Champions League this season, I haven't been able to finish this season.

​Davie Moyes is Scotland manager, he was Partick Thistle manager as well for a period but was sacked by Partick. Off the top of my head I think Craig Levien was his predecessor but that might just have been a nightmare. Craig Brown left the Scotland job in about 2007. We still haven't qualified for anything since France 98.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Are you just looking for the player stats for as they had been in the original game, or you looking for a more P&Ber's impression of the players at the time?

EDIT: always another signing i used to make, just because his finishing was a 20!

post-35247-0-55448400-1402157963_thumb.p

Edited by Enrico Annoni

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I tried to install this game on Windows 8, and installed successfully. However when I go to try and start a game it tells me that I do not have enough system memory to start the game. It's a shitey wee game that I used to play on a crappy pentium with 128mb Ram! This thing has 8gb and plenty of hard drive space. I tried googling the answer but couldn't find anything worthwhile on WIndows 8.

Have tried changing the game setting so it's a low running game, and also have tried running as administrator. Any one encountered this before? Any ideas?

• 1 year later...

I was playing this before I got FM16 and was in a brilliant save with Leeds United and Q.O.S. won the premier league 3 years in a row with Leeds having Mark Kerr in centre midfield and Maxim Tsiagklo up front bagging the goals.

so easy and fun to play.

• 1 month later...

Strangely I'm playing my Leeds and Queen of the South game again instead of football manager 16 as getting alot more enjoyment from it.

Managed to get to 2009. Tsigalko is a beast in my Leeds team 53 games 61 goals this season. Queens are in the SPL but only really survived the drop each season.

Might start a new game with a English Conference team and try and win it all with them.

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 20 January 2017 at 11:06, PrestersKTID said:

Has anyone managed to use the old champ manager engine with up to date players?

I went to this site.  Bought the disc in a charity shop, you can download it for free now.

Then used this site to download patches, data updates, graphics and tactics.  Love playing this game although I am waiting for FM2017 to go under £10 on Steam.

I am 15 years in to my career that took me from Hearts>Columbus>Hearts>Blackburn>Arsenal.

Only thing that gets me at the moment is that even though I have won champions leagues and Intercontinental Cups, I still get passed over for the big foreign jobs.

2 hours ago, G_Man1985 said:

That bug has been like that from the word go. A bit annoying but meh what do you expect from such an old game. A classic game

The latest Tapani patch that I have installed is supposed to fix this, but I have not started a new save game to see if works.

• 3 weeks later...

what a game this was, might download it again tonight, ruslan nigmatullin what a keeper.

i can remember going 20 odd seasons in this .i used to edit over dumbarton and use my school team (cheating b*****d i know) from scottish division 3 to Champions league winners.