Scottish Independence - How will you vote? MkII

Ludo*1

490 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Indeed he does, Salmond was not confident of victory in a straight yes/no referendum, I think wee Nicola was really confident of victory in a straight yes/no referendum,thankfully the wee yin won the day.

Personally think Devo Max could be achieved without a referendum. It's one of those cases where the popularity of it is so clear that you wouldn't really need a referendum.

Personally think Devo Max could be achieved without a referendum. It's one of those cases where the popularity of it is so clear that you wouldn't really need a referendum.

I'm looking for a completely new direction.

I am sure that the media could convince enough Scots otherwise if Westminster so decided.

Are you trying to say there isn't Scottish people out their desperate for a job? But can't get one? Take away the foreigners and everyone will have a job. Myself, I only employ British people.

You are not an employer for two reasons:

1. You are an obvious troll of an unemployed racist.

2. Recruitment is not as easy as you make out - that would be obvious if you really did employ people.

Nice try though, and I'm sure someone will take the bait.

Are you trying to say there isn't Scottish people out their desperate for a job? But can't get one? Take away the foreigners and everyone will have a job. Myself, I only employ British people.

Yet your username suggests you're happy for other British companies to employ foreigners if/when it suits you.

As the option I wanted isn't on the ballot paper I feel like I'm between a rock and a hard place.

Increasingly I feel it won't matter either way - I'll vote but it may well be a spoilt ballot given the campaigns from both sides.

Certainly No haven't made a proper case for the Union yet and Yes have a number of key areas that l feel need a lot more clarity.

Best result for me would be a narrow win for No and there being no option but to devolve more powers when (not if) the SNP win the next Scottish Parliament elections.

Edited by DeeTillEhDeh

As the option I wanted isn't on the ballot paper I feel like I'm between a rock and a hard place.

Increasingly I feel it won't matter either way - I'll vote but it may well be a spoilt ballot given the campaigns from both sides.

Certainly No haven't made a proper case for the Union yet and Yes have a number of key areas that l feel need a lot more clarity.

Best result for me would be a narrow win for No and there being no option but to devolve more powers when (not if) the SNP win the next Scottish Parliament elections.

Put it this way.

You want devo max, right?

Vote no and we might not get devo max, but if we vote yes we will NEVER get devo max.

Put it this way.

You want devo max, right?

Vote no and we might not get devo max, but if we vote yes we will NEVER get devo max.

Come on boys just grow a pair...I dare you to (might as well try the old school-boy tactic of getting someone to do something they don't want to)

You're scared tae vote Yes.

From the Financial Times last week - "Although Scotland enjoys public spending well above the UK average - a source of resentment among some in England, Wales and NI - the cost to the Treasury is more than outweighed by oil and gas revenues from Scottish waters".

Less than 5% of the population of Norway, Denmark and Finland live in poverty. In the UK, 12.8% of population is in poverty, 25% of children and in Springburn, Glasgow, 51% of children are living in poverty. This for a country that has oil and gas in abundance, with potentially more to be discovered off the West Coast, which cannot be explored while we have Trident. Norway is also second in the world for global wealth and global happiness. The Human Development Index, the closest thing to a league table of the world's best countries, ranks nations on factors such as generous welfare payments, education, high income and a long life expectancy. In 2013, for the 10th time in the last 12 years, oil rich Norway topped the list.

We will kiss goodbye to the bedroom tax, which Westminster this week failed to end and the abomination that is ATOS.

We will not be obliged to send our young men and woman to every skirmish that takes Westminster's fancy.

We will never again be told what we can and can't do by horrible little c***s like George Osbourne. I could have saved myself some time, couldn't I?

Presumably there will be no House of Lords either.

• 3 months later...

From the Financial Times last week - "Although Scotland enjoys public spending well above the UK average - a source of resentment among some in England, Wales and NI - the cost to the Treasury is more than outweighed by oil and gas revenues from Scottish waters".

Less than 5% of the population of Norway, Denmark and Finland live in poverty. In the UK, 12.8% of population is in poverty, 25% of children and in Springburn, Glasgow, 51% of children are living in poverty. This for a country that has oil and gas in abundance, with potentially more to be discovered off the West Coast, which cannot be explored while we have Trident. Norway is also second in the world for global wealth and global happiness. The Human Development Index, the closest thing to a league table of the world's best countries, ranks nations on factors such as generous welfare payments, education, high income and a long life expectancy. In 2013, for the 10th time in the last 12 years, oil rich Norway topped the list.

We will kiss goodbye to the bedroom tax, which Westminster this week failed to end and the abomination that is ATOS.

We will not be obliged to send our young men and woman to every skirmish that takes Westminster's fancy.

We will never again be told what we can and can't do by horrible little c***s like George Osbourne. I could have saved myself some time, couldn't I?

YES YES YES

Sorry Owsley.....only just discovered this post. It articulates the reason to vote YES precisely and accurately. I'm going to paraphrase this in the coming weeks to the multitude of selfish Inversneckie money-obsessed-twats that I have the privilage to work with.

• 7 years later...

The SNP are on the way out so there won't be another referendum. 

Everything the SNP have touched has turned brown.

They had everything their own way for the referendum and they still couldn't win.

Even now with Boris; a Tory gov; daily covid-telecast they still haven't moved the swingometer in their favour.

People are beginning to wake up and the SNP are now on a downward spiral.

46 minutes ago, WTF said:

Looks like the ruskies are finally being properly reported. I always thought the left wing media bias was a lode of it. 2 buckets full in fact. Looks like I was right to suspect the left's narrative was just that.  

Hello new (lol) poster whose first contributions to the site are to attack 'the left'.

16 minutes ago, GiGi said:

Hello new (lol) poster whose first contributions to the site are to attack 'the left'.

Err, I think you've got that wrong, but I suppose you are used to that.

39 minutes ago, WTF said:

The SNP are on the way out so there won't be another referendum. 

Everything the SNP have touched has turned brown.

They had everything their own way for the referendum and they still couldn't win.

Even now with Boris; a Tory gov; daily covid-telecast they still haven't moved the swingometer in their favour.

People are beginning to wake up and the SNP are now on a downward spiral.

Some really good points, WTF.

Let's not forget that in 2014 opinion polling was very generous to the Nats compared to the actual result, so it's very probable that Indy support has actually went down since then.

This is, as you rightly say, despite them having had so much in their favour.

Anyway, they'll accuse you of being a troll and having multiple usernames soon enough :D

Edited by Duries Air Freshener

27 minutes ago, Duries Air Freshener said:

Let's not forget that in 2014 opinion polling was very generous to the Nats compared to the actual result, so it's very probable that Indy support has actually went down since then.

Anyway, they'll accuse you of being a troll and having multiple usernames soon enough :D

At least you cunningly disguised yourself as a Celtic fan this time. Well done min.

A Celtic fan who joined on Monday with no posts about Celtic or even the Scotland game.

39 minutes ago, Duries Air Freshener said:

Anybody who doesn't agree with them is a troll or Tory scum. It's the woke in them that does it.