WWE Network

Quentin Taranbino

Just fired up Mania 23 and King said that there are more fans inside the stadium (Ford Field, Detroit) than there were in the same stadium for the Superbowl a few weeks before.
Well yes King as they sort of needed the field for the game

Never ever enjoyed listening to Jerry Lawler ever. Much preferred JR and Heyman. Even prefer Michael Cole.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

IMG_1149.jpgIMG_1150.jpg

Not official yet but It sounds like they’re gonna tier price the WWE Network. I’m surprised they’ve not done It already.

I cancelled my subscription because I can see all the PPV’s when I wake up on Monday mornings for free on streams and NXT doesn’t bother me that much but I’d consider getting It again If they brought out this £5 package.

• 2 weeks later...

It should be quite worrying that on a network where the main selling point should be that you get these big PPV shows for a reasonable price, they're not even close to being the best overall product, or even the best in-ring product.  NXT Takeovers are always better, and the 24 specials are probably some of the best content they've put together period.  Would love them to make a couple more, don't think they've made a bad one yet.  

Edited by forameus

• 2 months later...

I'd really like if it became a semi regular feature. Have guys talk about important matches like that. Would be great. Not all will be as articulate as Foley mind, but if they could get folk to do it then I'd definitely watch.

With the amount of money Wrestling Observer, Kayfabe Commentaries and the like make ye'd think the WWE would realise there is a demand from wrestling fans who want to know more about the inner workings of the business and wrestlers' own thoughts on their careers. It's such a cheap and easy way to make content for it. Imagine you had a "director's commentary" style feature where wrestlers picked their favourite match they've wrestled (from the library) and had a quick interview about it with Renée or whoever and then you watched the match with their commentary over it talking about what went right/wrong and the psychology behind their choices, etc. Easy money.

I'm sure it was Bruce Prichard on Something to Wrestle anniversary episode of that Kotr who said Taker had a broken foot and Austin had been in the hospital with a staph infection, and they were looking at the event with their 2 top stars both fucked. Pretty incredible considering the legacy.

I knew about Taker's foot, but only because Foley noted it in his first book. You can see Taker limp and wince a bit when he drops down from the top of the cell after chucking Foley through it.

Totally mental how badly designed that cell was and scary how the second bump through the cell wasn't planned at all. Can't believe that Foley took bumps on to the pins after the two falls from the top as well. 

I was worried for a bit earlier in the year that Foley was finally showing some signs of the damage he'd done to himself, but this showed that he's still sharp and is fine. He really should be a broken, slavering mess given the all the mad shit he's done.