WWE Network

Quentin Taranbino

I would be very surprised if they do a direct conversion of the $9.99 for us. £9.99 or higher is probably more likely.

I wonder if we'll get the same content as the US version? I can't imagine Sky will be too happy at the WWE giving away Raw and PPVs at such a low price.

It'll all depend what type of deal sky currently has with WWE regarding the showing of PPV. Perhaps that's why it isn't being rolled out globally right away. If Sky still has a deal in place for ppv content it would perhaps have to be locked out from the UK version of the WWE network.

How many PPVs do we get free now? About 3 or 4 maybe? So if you paid for them all, then say £15x7 plus £20 for Wrestlemania so you're talking around £125 a year just for the PPVs. If the price of $9.99 translates directly to us then you're talking about £6 a month, so less than £80 a year. Then you have all the extra content then it'll definitely be worth it for us. Would seem a bit weird paying a monthly bill for it.

There's a lot of assumption in there, of course.

But then you've got to take into account that to get the free PPVs, you're paying a Sky (or whatever) subscription.

I wonder how long it takes the new Raw episodes to go up. That's the only thing that doesn't make it a complete WWE package.

As long as we dont get a pish version of it compared to the US one (ie Netflix).

The back catolouge on it sounds fantastic. Every single WWF/E WCW and ECW PPV. With probably more to come considering the footage of all the long defunct promotions they have as well.

I don't think we'll get the benefit of such a low subscription price here, it's an initial $9.99 in the US for the first six months. I think once the network proves to be a success there will be a bit of a price hike there and that will probably be reflected in the price we get here.

• 2 weeks later...

That new deal makes me worried that we are going to end up with a half arsed version of the USA WWE Network, where we don't get current programming. That article also seems to suggest that all 12 PPVs will now only be on Box Office

The second point is what I thought as well.

In terms of current programming, I can't see it being too much of an issue. It may not be shown live, but hopefully there will be an on-demand option.

I doubt Sky would see the WWE Network as direct competition anyway - how many of Sky's subscribers are as a result of WWE alone?

In any event, the current programming would be a bonus to me - my main interest would be the PPV's and the back catalogue.

Sky have extended their deal for all present programming and the PPV's to 2019.

Not sure what this means for the Network.

Means nothing. PPVs will continue to be available on Sky exactly the same as before. The same is true in America, i.e. the PPV providers will continue to provide them in the same manner (although I hear many are unhappy).

Means nothing. PPVs will continue to be available on Sky exactly the same as before. The same is true in America, i.e. the PPV providers will continue to provide them in the same manner (although I hear many are unhappy).

No wonder, pay $60 (lol) for 1 PPV, or $120 for them all.

• 4 weeks later...