Fallout 4

Goran

http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2013/12/12/fallout-4-reportedly-exists-is-set-in-boston/

pc's alluding to this I assume. It's nothing concrete, just some more speculation.

Yeah, that leak is on several sites. Thats why I asked what GoW was referring to. The countdown site has been confirmed as fake, but this Boston leak has happened since that

Yeah, that leak is on several sites. Thats why I asked what GoW was referring to. The countdown site has been confirmed as fake, but this Boston leak has happened since that

Yes, sorry, the site was a fake. However they refused to deny anything else. One of my favourite series ever, would love a next gen version.

A bit underwhelmed with Boston if that's true, to be honest. The appeal with Washington and Las Vegas was that you could wander around places you knew, that were recognisable landmarks. How many folk can realistically name a handful of landmarks around Boston?

A bit underwhelmed with Boston if that's true, to be honest. The appeal with Washington and Las Vegas was that you could wander around places you knew, that were recognisable landmarks. How many folk can realistically name a handful of landmarks around Boston?

Alot of back story and lore is based around Boston in the Fallout Games. There might be less landmarks, but the plot should benefit from it

Same with Oblivion.  I was spoiled with Skyrim then just couldn't get into that.  

try your buns off, I spent many an hour in oblivion. Gates popping open here there and everywhere.. Awesome

I don't disagree that Boston plays a pivotal role in the Fallout mythology, just that part of the appeal of Fallout 3 and Fallout NV was that you could access landmarks that had been destroyed and see what they were like. I don't think wandering around Boston will have that kind of appeal.

• 3 weeks later...

As it will be released on next gen, i'm going to expect the map to be much bigger. They'll probably do what they did in the past fallout games and have set across different states. The rumour that Three dog will return probably means that it will be set around the east coast which i'm fine with.

As it will be released on next gen, i'm going to expect the map to be much bigger. They'll probably do what they did in the past fallout games and have set across different states. The rumour that Three dog will return probably means that it will be set around the east coast which i'm fine with.

I would rather they went with detail rather than size. It's going to be big, that's a given, but it would be better if you could enter any building on the map (preferably without loading times) rather than a vast landscape with mostly open spaces. Hopefully we get both. And an absolute must - less parts of the map completely inaccessible due to the rubble please. Or allow you to "climb" it.

• 1 year later...

There are rumours going about that this is very likely to be announced at e3 next month. Bethesda are hosting a conference at e3 and there have been reports that a 30 minute demo will be shown to reveal the game.

To add to this a 3D artist, who works for a studio owned by Guillermo del Toro, has work on a Fallout 4 cinematic trailer listed on his LinkedIn page.

http://www.videogamer.com/xbox360/fallout_3/news/rumour_bethesda_hires_guillermo_del_toros_production_company_to_create_fallout_4_trailer.html

Hopefully this will finally be the real thing, it certainly seems more promising than past rumours. If it is announced I wouldn't be expecting to see it this year, it could maybe even be as far away as late 2016 but to be honest I think any official news would be good news.