Uncharted 4

Chupacabra

The next-gen version of Uncharted was revealed today, although details are a little scarce. However it's enough to get me excited!

Trailer here:

No idea who the guy talking is, although the most interesting thing is the title. Could just be because it's the reveal but if they haven't named it Uncharted 4 it could well be a next-gen reboot of the series or a prequel. Or it may just not be called Uncharted 4 so they don't deter any newcomers to the series who would feel like they'd have needed to play the previous 3 games. Probably looking too much into it but otherwise, looking forward to this next installment.

• 6 months later...
  • Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 5 months later...

A one man thread but I don't give a f**k. Gameplay video released today, obviously an unfinished game but will probably give you a taster of what it will be like. Can't watch it because my internet is slow atm but here's a heads-up for anyone interested.

Well - that downgrade looks even worse than Watch Dogs!

Eh? If you're talking about that gameplay footage it's probably worth noting that there's still a year until it's released, so they'll polish the graphics up. Think this was more to show the change in gameplay mechanics than to marvel at the visuals (which I think are a massive improvement on its predecessors anyway). Think it's safe to say Naughty Dog are a pretty reliable developer, especially compared to Ubisoft.

Gameplay looks like it has borrowed some stuff from The Last of Us, such as stealth, which is pretty sexual. And they've also borrowed Troy Baker :thumsup2

Worth going back to play previous games first? Also, comparable to anything eg Skyrim?

The first one has aged pretty badly, and the series doesn't really hit its stride until Uncharted 2. Saying that, I loved all three and they are definitely worth going back to. I played Uncharted 2 before Drake's Fortune and the effect wasn't as good because I didn't know any of the characters, so I can't imagine what it'd be like for the fourth having not played any of the others.

It's sort of like the old Tomb Raider games, and Indiana Jones.

Massive fan of the series loved Drake's fortune when it came out, then 2 was a great follow up, 3 didn't quite live up to the previous 2, but was still a decent enough game.

I'm looking forward to this, don't pay much attention to trailers of games, I like to wait to play it to decide, as I've seen shit trailers that have put me off, but when I get round to playing the game I end up loving it and vice versa.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Uncharted 1, 2 and 3 are all get remastered for a 7th of October release date. Was always going to happen but I'm glad to get confirmation of it. I've not played any of them so I'm looking forward to it.

Uncharted 1, 2 and 3 are all get remastered for a 7th of October release date. Was always going to happen but I'm glad to get confirmation of it. I've not played any of them so I'm looking forward to it.

Played them all but will still probably buy this.

Who the f**k plays Uncharted because of multiplayer ?

I still play Uncharted 2 multiplayer with my mates, basically the only reason I revisit it. Same goes with The Last of Us. Campaign drags me in, multiplayer makes me stay. It'll be a pump and dump with the remaster for me, although Uncharted 4's round the corner anyway.

Archived