Mascots observing minutes silences

ICTChris

The Gunnersaurus one is indeed fantastic. Did Hampden Roary not travel down to the Wembley game? I'm sure I saw him sans bike. I also noticed one of the three lions mascots heading into the Scotland end, only to climb back out a minute or so later. Odd.

It's not a minutes silence, but I always think Thistle's own Jaggy MacBee always looks depressed the way his head and ancillary arms can't help but droop. It's not all bad Jaggy.

Paisley Panda used to do some funny things before the Falkirk fans took the huff and complained to the police.

The best mascot at minute's silence pics are the ones where the costume has the character with a beaming big smile and it looks as if they are delighted there is a pause for reflection.

Remember that Arsenal one. Has to be one of the most ridiculous things I've ever seen in my life.

To be fair, Celtic's inability to have silences for solemn occasions is far more ridiculous than a man in a costume standing quietly.

To be fair, Celtic's inability to have silences for solemn occasions is far more ridiculous than a man in a costume standing quietly.

Sorry? We had a minute silence at Parkhead last year (against St Johnstone?) and it was impeccably observed.

I didn't realise it was our responsibility to organise one at Ross County's ground though.

Sorry? We had a minute silence at Parkhead last year (against St Johnstone?) and it was impeccably observed.

I didn't realise it was our responsibility to organise one at Ross County's ground though.

I'm thinking back to a few years ago when the Celtic fans on here insisted having a minute's applause for remembrance was somehow appropriate, rather than a completely transparent attempt to drown out disruption. The tannoy guy even had the brass neck to call it 'the Glasgow Celtic way' of doing things.

FWIW I don't think Celtic or any other club should be under any obligation to have a minute's silence. TBH I'd rather keep politics out of football, and that means no commemoration at all, including at Morton. But that 'the Glasgow Celtic way' thing really stuck in my craw. It was plainly, obviously because they knew the silence would be disrupted, but held up as an example of Celtic piety.

Either do it properly or don't do it at all, is what I'm getting at (and not doing it at all would be my preference. When I go to soccer or baseball games over here in the US everyone has to stand for the anthem and it's completely unnecessary IMO.)