Have I got Local News For You

Tryfield

11 hours ago, The DA said:

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/news/local/dundee/512641/two-vehicles-crash-dundee-road-articleisfree/

(Nearly) minimum number of vehicles involved in a multi-car pile-up in Dundee.  No Scottish people hurt.

BTW: would you call that 'a truck' or 'a van'.

It's a truck surely?  A van is fully enclosed?

On 23/09/2017 at 16:25, GordonD said:

It's not a truck, it's a fucking lorry. 'Truck' is an Americanism.

Lorry wasn't one of the options given. Based on this, I went for the truck option.

P.S. I reckon a lorry is a big truck. Not sure what ww should call a small lorry? 

On 24/09/2017 at 03:49, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Found a day before the last London attack yet just being reported now? Get a handwriting expert onto the case. I bet it was her.

6 hours ago, hk blues said:

Lorry wasn't one of the options given. Based on this, I went for the truck option.

P.S. I reckon a lorry is a big truck. Not sure what ww should call a small lorry? 

If anything I'd have said the other way round. If you forced me to define the word 'truck'. Best not to use the word at all and avoid confusion.

If anything I'd have said the other way round. If you forced me to define the word 'truck'. Best not to use the word at all and avoid confusion.

"Last night, a _ _ _ _ _ broke down on the motorway causing severe tailbacks,"

Seems even more confusing to me, it's like a guessing game. Woman, horse, gnome...who knows?

10 minutes ago, Torpar said:

http://torontopolice.on.ca/newsreleases/39162

Shouldn't be too hard to track down I'd think

- the younger man swung at, and slashed, the man with a sharp object concealed in his hand, then fled 

The younger man is described as early 20s, 5’6”-5’7”, muscular build, black curly hair, blue-green eyes with a visible defect in one eye. He was speaking with a Hispanic accent. He was wearing baggy jeans and a sleeveless black T-shirt with a stick figure or skeleton design. 

NR.39162.1506519920.jpg

Found in Dunfermline...

3 hours ago, Adam101 said:

Some strength of pills at Zo's the boy's chin at the back is just about on the floor and the girl is holding her's up 

Screen Shot 2017-09-27 at 18.04.17.png

Another one from one of the local newspapers from near where I grew up.  I can honestly say I have no idea what this is about, however to provide some context the intersection quoted in the picture description is way out in the middle of nowhere, at least 100 miles from Montreal which is the biggest city in Quebec so it's some rural suspicion of city folk

22046735_10159464185900445_5983362632205272687_n.jpg

36 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

If you scroll down to the bottom of the page you get this:

Courier.JPG

Are they implying that the guys arrested for the bomb were from Carnoustie?

Edited by GordonD

On ‎18‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 19:41, senorsoupe said:

http://www.sherbrookerecord.com/content/lennoxville-roundabout-strikes-again

Roundabout strikes again!  

This one is from my home town and it's pretty incredible how many drivers, particularly lorry drivers struggle with the concept of roundabouts and end up crashing their trucks.  

"traffic circles" :lol: