Have I got Local News For You

Tryfield

7 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

Was at a funeral recently at Mortonhall and was surprised to see signs saying “don’t drive over graves”.

Thought “no moron is going to do that, what a pointless sign” but no, seems like it was justified. Looks like Dunfermline crem needs a sign too.

3 hours ago, DiegoDiego said:

My work has a cemetery in the grounds and a bus drove over some graves a while back. You also get tourists behaving incredibly disrespectfully amidst them, but I think I was accused of "didn't happen" last time I went into more detail.

Ironically if they were prosecuted at the Court of Session in Edinburgh the judge, lawyers and senior court officials would likely have done the exact same themselves, and to John Knox no less.

11 hours ago, DiegoDiego said:

My work has a cemetery in the grounds and a bus drove over some graves a while back. You also get tourists behaving incredibly disrespectfully amidst them, but I think I was accused of "didn't happen" last time I went into more detail.

Didn't realise you were in the clergy?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Previously you could rely on this thread for picking up this sort of stuff:

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/news/dundee/4943516/stormtrooper-dundee-aberdeen-police-firearm/?fbclid=IwAR2wcdhpvYWzvZycHBDV-vK8tN9czNmdasDxFdLQtUpuQtgW6dpcydfpM6E

Alternative headline could have been "Stormtrooper doesn't miss something"

A train travelling to Dundee was diverted back to Aberdeen after a man dressed as a Stormtrooper from Star Wars was reported to police for “carrying a firearm”.

The Courier understands the man, travelling to a comic convention in Dundee, boarded a train which was then forced to return to Aberdeen