Have I got Local News For You

Tryfield

Travelling down on the train to my second home this evening, I happened upon an Ayrshire Post which was left by someone else. My sides are still sore after reading the content, stories and shear pure bad journalism. Other folk were laughing at me laughing.

Examples being....:

Cops hunt thug who chucked eggs at bus.

A yob has been throwing eggs at buses- and one splattered onto a driver.

It went through the window and hit the poor chap. If the driver had lost control of the Stagecoach it could have been a nasty accident.

The phantom egg thrower struck at 7pm on Sunday on Ayr High Street just outside Boots.

Basin Fire Yob.

A man aged 59 was held by police after fire raising. He set fire to a basin near Elba Gardens in Ayr at 7:45pm on Sunday the 3rd November.

Shed Tool Thief Hunt.

Tools worth £930 were taken from a shed in North Drive Miurhead. The owner spotted them missing last Wednesday. But police say the theft could have taken place as far back as October 14th as that is the last time they were used.

Dog owner loses the plot.

A man shouted abuse at two women neighbours and shook their fence.......

Cops hunt coffee thief.

Sub human scum

But this made me laugh

Tools worth £930 were taken from a shed in North Drive Miurhead. The owner spotted them missing last Wednesday. But police say the theft could have taken place as far back as October 14th as that is the last time they were used

Lazy b*****d

It must be fucking difficult to set fire to a basin.

Top arsonist.

I'm hoping for the arsonists sake there was a wasps nest in the basin......or some other reason to set it alight.

I forgot to say in OP, local stories from your area that make you chuckle, pass them on to P&B please.

One that always sticks in my mind was from the Galloway Gazzette.

If you've never had the pleasure it's like the peoples friend of local newspapers.

A story from the village of Drummore and it included a picture of the offending item

The headline read "Bus Stop Shocker"

Basically the story was sensationalising the council putting up a bus stop in Drummore and no one in the village knew about it. To be fair it's a quiet place and not much happens there but bloody hell...

Edited by I'm Brian

One that always sticks in my mind was from the Galloway Gazzette.

If you've never had the pleasure it's like the peoples friend of local newspapers.

A story from the village of Drummore and it included a picture of the offending item

The headline read "Bus Stop Shocker"

Basically the story was sensationalising the council putting up a bus stop in Drummore and no one in the village knew about it. To be fair it's a quiet place and not much happens there but bloody hell...

I'm sure I've been through Drummore and I'm surprised the locals didn't start worshipping the strange gift from the gods...

my fav headline ever, from the Midlothian Advertiser "SANTA STONED BY ROSEWELL MOB".

basically there used to be a parade at Christmas time when Santa would go round Midlothian towns in his sled on a float and some neds through stones at him in Rosewell. Our lovely rivals from Rosewell, Whitehill Welfare FC, were nicknamed the "Santa Stoners" for a wee while after that..

I'm sure I've been through Drummore and I'm surprised the locals didn't start worshipping the strange gift from the gods...

my fav headline ever, from the Midlothian Advertiser "SANTA STONED BY ROSEWELL MOB".

basically there used to be a parade at Christmas time when Santa would go round Midlothian towns in his sled on a float and some neds through stones at him in Rosewell. Our lovely rivals from Rosewell, Whitehill Welfare FC, were nicknamed the "Santa Stoners" for a wee while after that..

Blimey, that happened in Whithorn as well.

Another from the Galloway Gazette:

A car was involved in an incident on the B7005. No one was injured and no damage occurred. Police are appealing for witnesses.

Sounds like the locals were surprised at the sight of this moving metal box!