Ryan Gauld

DjembaDjemba

Will somebody please just stick all the Scottish and Portuguese teams in a Championship Manager league setup and end all this incessant speculation?

(jammies and basement commentary optional)

3 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

European group stages competed in by Scottish teams over the past twelve seasons:

Champions League: 11, UEFA Cup/Europa League: 6

European group stages competed in by Portuguese teams over the past twelve seasons:

Champions League: 30, UEFA Cup/Europa League: 25

"Stats"

Doesn't really tell you much about how Aves compare to Motherwell though.

For goodness sake calm down, I have my opinion and you have yours and I base mine on going to games in Portugal and judging what I see. I'm not going to argue the toss over it as its only about opinion.
The Euro record v Scottish teams is taken over a 27 year period, if a league is so obviously better then it should show in the stats, it doesn't.

Hi Hamish,

Do you know if it would be worth a 2 hour drive each way for me to go see Sebutal vs Benfica in the league cup tomorrow? Would Benfica put out a strong team or is the league cup not bothered with at all?

13 hours ago, Dindeleux said:

Hi Hamish,

Do you know if it would be worth a 2 hour drive each way for me to go see Sebutal vs Benfica in the league cup tomorrow? Would Benfica put out a strong team or is the league cup not bothered with at all?

You might find that Benfica wont put out their strongest line-up. I've never been to a League Cup group game but by all accounts its used by the bigger clubs to give run-outs for their fringe players (I think Gauld make a few appearances for Sporting in the LC).   A mate of mine is off to the Madeira derby tonight, lucky bugger.

Edited by Goalie Hamish

Rio Ave v Aves just gone to ET.

Gauld came on quite late on when the game seemed out of reach, but Aves scored 2 goals in 2 minutes to take it to ET, so he'll now get another half an hour. He's now sporting some ridiculous tied-up ponytail like Gareth Bale used to have. No wonder he doesn't get picked.

11 hours ago, Nightmare said:

Rio Ave v Aves just gone to ET.

Gauld came on quite late on when the game seemed out of reach, but Aves scored 2 goals in 2 minutes to take it to ET, so he'll now get another half an hour. He's now sporting some ridiculous tied-up ponytail like Gareth Bale used to have. No wonder he doesn't get picked.

I see they won after penalties, with Gauld scoring the first penalty.

Panic over, that's his career right back on track.