Ryan Gauld

DjembaDjemba

On 10/12/2016 at 18:31, invergowrie arab said:

When Armstrong stops pissing about coasting along in the SPFL these two will be the beating heart of our attacking midfield for a generation.

"Pissing about coasting along" 

He's only gotten into the Celtic team in the past month. 

Edited by Contra

12 minutes ago, Tommy Nooka said:

Aye, only the 70 odd appearances! :lol:

I take back my comment. For a player to coast 70 games in the one month, England beckons. 

In all seriousness, this is the first time he's played with us centrally and its the best run of form he has been in. I really don't see what your point is bringing up his appearances, he was utterly shocking in all but about two games last season albeit he was playing LW. 

To suggest he's been coasting it is quite frankly only relative to the last 4 games.

Edited by Contra

1 hour ago, Contra said:

I take back my comment. For a player to coast 70 games in the one month, England beckons. 

In all seriousness, this is the first time he's played with us centrally and its the best run of form he has been in. I really don't see what your point is bringing up his appearances, he was utterly shocking in all but about two games last season albeit he was playing LW. 

To suggest he's been coasting it is quite frankly only relative to the last 4 games.

I think you answered that one yourself, he's made over 70 appearances so hardly 'just gotten into the team'.

It's a bit unfair to criticise Armstrongs performances under RD he may not have set the heather alight but 'utterly shocking' is hyperbole in the extreme, it's not like there were many standouts during that time. I'd never say he was coasting, that's one thing you can guarantee with Armstrong, he'll put in the effort. I think you are taking a joke comment by Invergowrie Arab too literally, a Utd fan exaggerating the potential of 2 ex-Utd players. 

I think you answered that one yourself, he's made over 70 appearances so hardly 'just gotten into the team'.
It's a bit unfair to criticise Armstrongs performances under RD he may not have set the heather alight but 'utterly shocking' is hyperbole in the extreme, it's not like there were many standouts during that time. I'd never say he was coasting, that's one thing you can guarantee with Armstrong, he'll put in the effort. I think you are taking a joke comment by Invergowrie Arab too literally, a Utd fan exaggerating the potential of 2 ex-Utd players. 

To be fair Armstrong was absolutely brutal bar a few games under Deila. He was almost unrecognisable compared to the player he was as Utd. You're right that no one really shone under Deila and shoehorning Armstrong out wide was a never going to work. He looks back to his best now that he's playing centrally.

15 hours ago, Tommy Nooka said:

He has just gotten into the team playing centrally under Brendan Rodgers. 

He was utterly shocking last season with almost all of the team. 

Anyway best leave this topic on Gauld.

3 minutes ago, Peppino Impastato said:

He turns 25 in 3 months,  and apparently will be the beating heart of our attacking midfield for a generation.   He better get a fuckin move on then as he's yet to make his debut.   Hazard had 50 caps by his age. 

Was half through typing that he's only 20 before realising you mean Armstrong :shutup

He turns 25 in 3 months,  and apparently will be the beating heart of our attacking midfield for a generation.   He better get a fuckin move on then as he's yet to make his debut.   Hazard had 50 caps by his age. 

How many caps did Snodgrass have by 25?