Ryan Gauld

DjembaDjemba

14 minutes ago, Gordopolis said:

I couldn't help but read that in the gravely American movie trailer voice

This summerrrrr... *graphics thud*

The fate of the worrlllddd... *graphics thud*

Is in the hannnnds... *graphics thud*

Of Caddyscaaat... *explosions, bikinis, pies*

Is this thread just on a rinse and repeat, aye?

"Gauld isn't good enough, can't get in the team".

"Ah come on give him a chance".

*a weeks worth of unrelated bollocks about Gordon Strachan/Ricky Sbragia/the Souttar's*.

"Gauld still hasn't played, he's shite".

Why do we need to second guess everything here? Maybe he's not being played because the manager's a fucking idiot. Maybe he's not playing because he's not match fit, or maybe he's not been playing because he's not good enough. There's a constant need to predict how good the lad will be on here, with absolutely nobody being patient enough to see how good he actually is. He's not going to sit on a bench for the rest of his career. He will, at some point in the not too distant future, get a run of games for a team somewhere and maybe then we can start to suggest how good he is. The tone of some posts in here are almost willing him to be shite too, just so they can come back on here and say "told you he was shite". 

Is this thread just on a rinse and repeat, aye?

"Gauld isn't good enough, can't get in the team".

"Ah come on give him a chance".

*a weeks worth of unrelated bollocks about Gordon Strachan/Ricky Sbragia/the Souttar's*.

"Gauld still hasn't played, he's shite".

Why do we need to second guess everything here? Maybe he's not being played because the manager's a fucking idiot. Maybe he's not playing because he's not match fit, or maybe he's not been playing because he's not good enough. There's a constant need to predict how good the lad will be on here, with absolutely nobody being patient enough to see how good he actually is. He's not going to sit on a bench for the rest of his career. He will, at some point in the not too distant future, get a run of games for a team somewhere and maybe then we can start to suggest how good he is. The tone of some posts in here are almost willing him to be shite too, just so they can come back on here and say "told you he was shite". 

You make it sound like there is no cyclical, withering, pish in some of the other threads...

3 minutes ago, haggisbeastie said:

You make it sound like there is no cyclical, withering, pish in some of the other threads...

Having been on this website for more than 10 years I'm well aware that the cyclical, withering pish is widely available, I just don't understand the clamour to condemn Ryan Gauld to the scrapheap every second week.

6 hours ago, The Moonster said:

Having been on this website for more than 10 years I'm well aware that the cyclical, withering pish is widely available, I just don't understand the clamour to condemn Ryan Gauld to the scrapheap every second week.

A possible reason could be that he was brought up and taught his football north of Dundee.  A lot of people on here just can't handle that. 

13 hours ago, theoriginalhedge said:

A possible reason could be that he was brought up and taught his football north of Dundee.  A lot of people on here just can't handle that. 

Good point.

That Denis Law was after all, shite and everyone on here says so.

It's just that there's is a thread devoted to this bloke.  He moved eighteen months ago and signs of progress have not thus far been as conspicuous as might have been hoped.

I think that given how rotten Scotland have been and given how positive the noises surrounding Gauld were, there's a clamour to see him come on. 

I don't think there's any desire to see him fail.  Similarly, although I think our game can at times be Glasgow centric, the suggestion that people want Gauld to flop on geographical grounds, is utterly absurd.

They're currently second in the second tier (which has 22 teams in it), having won eight, drawn two and lost two of their twelve matches played.  No idea what kind of standard that actually is, but good to see Gauld is getting at least some game time.  

http://www.soccerstats.com/latest.asp?league=portugal2

Edited by Tulloch Gorum