Ryan Gauld

DjembaDjemba

I admit to having never seen this player in action (seems he isn't in action very much anyway) but isn't this the ultimate in clutching at straws by speculating that any player who manages to get a game in a half decent league must automatically be considered for an International call-up for Scotland ? Its the same with more or less any player who plays for an EPL team (whether Scottish or not) that it follows he ought to be capped.
What about McGregor at Celtic ? as far as I know he is actually a Scot and playing for the league champions, surely he must be in line for a call up ?

Callum McGregor :lol:

42 minutes ago, irvine_buddie said:

Kenny Mclean should be getting a call up before Mcginn, McGregor and Gauld.

No he shouldn't.  Maybe if he signs for a club at a higher level but right now he's a meh player. 

57 minutes ago, Gordopolis said:

Nothing wrong with the suggestion of McGregor, but he's not really a leading light at Celtic - more of a decent squad player.

Sums up the problem there. McGregor is good cover across the middle of the park, but isn't particularly outstanding in any particular position. A solid squad player who is handy to have. Probably worthy of a call into the squad at some point but only if he can get a start most weeks for Celtic first.

ETA: There was talk a wee while back of Gauld possibly being loaned to YB Bern. Not heard much about that since. Would be a decent move for him, the Swiss League is a decent standard and provides a good platform for guys wanting a move to Germany and Italy.

Edited by Ross.

10 minutes ago, Bambino7 said:

No he shouldn't.  Maybe if he signs for a club at a higher level but right now he's a meh player. 

McGinn plays for a team in the championship and has had an average season. McGregor is a squad player for Celtic. Gould is playing for a B team. Mclean has been one of Aberdeen's best players this season and they are comfortably the 2nd best team in Scotland.

6 minutes ago, irvine_buddie said:

McGinn plays for a team in the championship and has had an average season. McGregor is a squad player for Celtic. Gould is playing for a B team. Mclean has been one of Aberdeen's best players this season and they are comfortably the 2nd best team in Scotland.

McGinn has been average this season but he will only get better is younger and will go on to play at a higher level than the other two.  McLean is probably at as best a level he will get to and that's not international level and neither is McGregor at that level.  I would argue Aberdeen being "comfortably" anything either.  Anything but comfortable for the majority of the match on Saturday and haven't secured second yet having been humped off sevco recently. 

Edited by Bambino7

McGinn has been average this season but he will only get better is younger and will go on to play at a higher level than the other two.  McLean is probably at as best a level he will get to and that's not international level and neither is McGregor at that level. 

Don't even listen to this. The Hibees have been at a mediocre level for so long that they have accepted mediocrity as standard.

2 hours ago, forameus said:

Wee Dully Blue clearly doesn't trust Ryan.  He left Scotland, so obviously he may as well be Portuguese now.  Dead to him.

I would rather have a Portuguese playing for us than an English traitor , that's for sure. As for McGregor, whilst he doesn't always start for Celtic, he has European Cup experience and plays at the top level in his own country. Presumably you would prefer an English second division nonentity to supplement his cv by masquerading as a "Scot" ?

6 minutes ago, Dullard Bluteau said:

I would rather have a Portuguese playing for us than an English traitor , that's for sure. As for McGregor, whilst he doesn't always start for Celtic, he has European Cup experience and plays at the top level in his own country. Presumably you would prefer an English second division nonentity to supplement his cv by masquerading as a "Scot" ?

I'd prefer them to call up the best players we have available that are eligible through the current rules.  It's a wacky idea, sure, but I think it might catch on.  Not with xenophobic weirdo VLs, but with most people.

"Traitor" :lol: deary me.

31 minutes ago, Dindeleux said:

No we are talking about Hibs.

Whilst on the subject though we have been, literally, in another league from Hibs for the last few years.

ac4e1f5bb82b863dd560bfd7d7a96afe.jpg

I hope you have had success.  I've not heard of Killie for a good couple of years.  Hows it been? 

11 minutes ago, forameus said:

I'd prefer them to call up the best players we have available that are eligible through the current rules.  It's a wacky idea, sure, but I think it might catch on.  Not with xenophobic weirdo VLs, but with most people.

"Traitor" :lol: deary me.

Just out of interest, how would you describe an Englishman who prefers to represent Scotland instead of his own country ? Perhaps traitor was a wee bit strong on my part, and I am certainly not a xenophobe.

The English, even when they pick their best players, are always found wanting in International football so why would we be wanting cast-offs with even less to offer ? Why not, by your thinking, recruit Spanish/Portuguese/Italians etc as they are not Scottish either ?

7 minutes ago, Dullard Bluteau said:

Just out of interest, how would you describe an Englishman who prefers to represent Scotland instead of his own country ? Perhaps traitor was a wee bit strong on my part, and I am certainly not a xenophobe.

The English, even when they pick their best players, are always found wanting in International football so why would we be wanting cast-offs with even less to offer ? Why not, by your thinking, recruit Spanish/Portuguese/Italians etc as they are not Scottish either ?

It's quite sad that you're not a troll to be honest.

Taking your ridiculous points in order

1) I wouldn't really describe him as anything.  Like I said, I want the best options that we have available and who are eligible.  I don't care where they were born.  I don't care what they sound like.  I don't care if they dont know the words to Flower of Scotland, or if theythink a haggis is an animal.  

2) It was strong, and aye you are.

3) Again, because they're better options than we have, and they're eligible.  It really isn't that hard to understand.

4) Are they eligible for Scotland?  Then pick them.  If not, then don't.

Simple enough?

5 hours ago, Bambino7 said:

I hope you have had success.  I've not heard of Killie for a good couple of years.  Hows it been? 

Not surprised mate given that Hibs were relegated.

In the last 20 years both of our clubs have 1 Scottish Cup and 1 League Cup win, only difference is that my team haven't spent 4 years in the second division of Scottish Football (Scottish Football FFS).

lol@hibs