Amsterdam

greenockraver

• 4 weeks later...

If you're ever going to Amsterdam, check out Glowgolf.

You'll be asked if you want a beer. Accept. You'll be asked that "for an additional 3, would you like shome 3D glasshes? Shometimes you feel like you're shinking, shometimes you feel like you're floating". Accept this offer and have the greatest time of your life.

Smurph, im heading to Amsterdam in two weeks. How far from the city centre is this place?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The only tour we went to was the Heineken Tour. I think it was about 15 euros. Even if you don't enjoy it you still get a couple of fresh pints.

We never did the Amsterdam ArenA tour as we were lucky enough to be there the same weekend as the Dutch Super Cup which was between Ajax and AZ where Ajaz won 3-2 AET. Fantastic stadium and overall probably my favourite footballing experience, value for money wise.

Anyway the lack of Satellite Sports Cafe on this thread is quite alarming. 10 euros for delicious all you can eat ribs and also 10 euros for 10 shots. For someone who's doesn't smoke this was almost the perfect place to be.

If it's not to your fancy, it's located at probably the best place for bars and nightclubs in Leidseplein Square.

Erm there's canals, buildings around them and the Arena for yourself, but as European cities go I think you'd be struggling after that. Maybe consider a day trip to a smaller city - I've heard Haarlem is decent. Can't remember where Delft is precisely but it can't be far from Holland.

Maastricht is supposed to be a great city but would probably be way too far south ie nearly in Luxembourg.

Delft is only about 40 minutes on the train, and you can combine it with Den Haag which is close. We're going back to Amsterdam in October and I'm gonna do a day trip down there.

Don't, whatever you do, waste a trip to Zandvoort. We went last summer and were greeted by what could only be described as Troon but with even more old folk.

• 1 month later...

Going tomorrow for the weekend.

Quick question - haven't smoked weed/hash etc since I was a kid. Whilst in Amsterdam, I wouldn't mind having a joint. Can you just go into a cafe and get a joint? Dumb question but really don't know, wouldnt want something strong or loads of it etc

You can, but be aware the pre-rolled joints are unbelievably strong. I was in a similar position to you in that I'm not really a hash smoker anymore and less than half a joint from a coffee shop had me ruined for most of the day!

The cafes which sell joints will say so. Just go up and asked for a pre-rolled one. You can either have it with tobacco or just weed/hash on its own but you should specify thing. They're pretty strong tbh. €5 and better than a pint.