Amsterdam

greenockraver

I'm going next Friday. I love Amsterdam.

Can get the shrooms in shops dotted all over the place.

Black men will rip you off to f**k for drugs, although I got some dynamite coke off them one time.

The skinny alley and the indoor place just up from it are the best for hookers.

Heading next friday too from edinburgh :) - the indoor bit is awesome.....great for a heat n a perv!

Didn't the mayor of Amsterdam ban weed shops from selling to foreign nationals not long ago,in part of his crackdown on sleaze

For your guide on hookers. Goto hookers.nl - with google translate (as it's in Dutch) to find the best ride before you go ;)

• 5 months later...

If you're ever going to Amsterdam, check out Glowgolf.

You'll be asked if you want a beer. Accept. You'll be asked that "for an additional €3, would you like shome 3D glasshes? Shometimes you feel like you're shinking, shometimes you feel like you're floating". Accept this offer and have the greatest time of your life.

Erm there's canals, buildings around them and the Arena for yourself, but as European cities go I think you'd be struggling after that. Maybe consider a day trip to a smaller city - I've heard Haarlem is decent. Can't remember where Delft is precisely but it can't be far from Holland.

Maastricht is supposed to be a great city but would probably be way too far south ie nearly in Luxembourg.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a boring old fart - I don't drink or do drugs and going to Amsterdam with the wife in August. Hope there is plenty of stuff to do for people not wanting to get wasted or get their hole

Peep Show

I'm a boring old fart - I don't drink or do drugs and going to Amsterdam with the wife in August. Hope there is plenty of stuff to do for people not wanting to get wasted or get their hole

There's plenty. Amsterdam seems like one big brothel when you're 17, but going back years after you find it's actually quite genteel and middle class, and not at all threatening.

There's plenty of museums in Amsterdam to go to (if you like that sort of thing) including doing the conga through Anne Frank's house, which was a close favourite behind the Heineken Museum.Like the afore mentioned if you are struggling,you can get trains to other cities which only take 45 mins tops.The best of these would be Alkmaar,Haarlem,Leiden,Utrecht,Den Haag and even Rotterdam.You also have the smaller towns like Delft,Gouda,Edam,Enkhuizen & Hoorn,which are all special in their own way.I suspect that this may be your 1st time over there,so I think there will be enough for you and the missus to keep you's occupied.

This website might help you out further as it has done with me over the years :)

http://www.inyourpocket.com/Netherlands/Amsterdam

If you're ever going to Amsterdam, check out Glowgolf.

You'll be asked if you want a beer. Accept. You'll be asked that "for an additional €3, would you like shome 3D glasshes? Shometimes you feel like you're shinking, shometimes you feel like you're floating". Accept this offer and have the greatest time of your life.

I'm intrigued as to what this actually means. I cant go on the site as I'm in work but i'll be on it when I get home!