Hooligans in the Highlands

Confidemus

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sounds like they`ve had a bit of a crackdown, probably a new inspector in town. The same happened in Blairgowrie a few years back when people were getting lifted for merely talking in the street, eating kebabs, etc. Basically everybody in the town under the age of 25 ended up in the cells in Perth that weekend, one guy actually answered his charge by laughing saying he was lifted for eating a kebab!

A lot of these wee Highland towns have a bit of a dark underbelly due to the lack of things to do, people drink to much and use drugs etc. That combined with the general roughness that usually pervades throughout people raised in rural communities where the only employment is generally in heavy industry.

For example, someone I know was stabbed in the arse in a Nairn pub, but Nairn's quite a pretty wee town to look at.

That arse was probably the prettiest sight in Nairn on that day, it's a dump. Saving grace is the football ground is right next to the Railway Station, and it's only 15 mins from the Inverness pubs.

That arse was probably the prettiest sight in Nairn on that day, it's a dump. Saving grace is the football ground is right next to the Railway Station, and it's only 15 mins from the Inverness pubs.

I quite liked it, thought the wee town centre was quite nice and the harbour was cracking. My main gripe about Nairn is that the shops and restaurants / cafes all seem to shut really early during the week or open short hours.

I quite liked it, thought the wee town centre was quite nice and the harbour was cracking. My main gripe about Nairn is that the shops and restaurants / cafes all seem to shut really early during the week or open short hours.

Was it a while ago you were there? Just that, like a few places, charity shops and boarded up windows have taken over a bit. And I couldn't find a decent pub, apart from Uncle Bob's. I walked down towards the harbour but might have turned the wrong way when I hit the sea, left, and it was bleak.

I just read this and hi to everyone. I think in the countryside there tends to be less sophistication and selling alcohol to primitive people always ends in drastic consequences. As far as I'm concerned, aside from the West of Scotland, there is a lack of class. I propose perhaps educating people in how to behave. Let me know what you think

I just read this and hi to everyone. I think in the countryside there tends to be less sophistication and selling alcohol to primitive people always ends in drastic consequences. As far as I'm concerned, aside from the West of Scotland, there is a lack of class. I propose perhaps educating people in how to behave. Let me know what you think

Things didn't work out in Hamilton then Seamus?

There will be the same mix of people i would say, this carry on goes on every weekend in every city - in the cities its less news worthy though

Im from up north and there is a lot of fighting drug taking drink driving amongst normal folk but its a part of the way of life up there, i dare say if there was more stuff to do people there would still opt to get pished anyway. There is more to do now I'm living in Edinburgh but drinking seems to be the most enjoyable option for me and most people i know

Was it a while ago you were there? Just that, like a few places, charity shops and boarded up windows have taken over a bit. And I couldn't find a decent pub, apart from Uncle Bob's. I walked down towards the harbour but might have turned the wrong way when I hit the sea, left, and it was bleak.

No, it was only the start of October when I was there. The High Street precinct was just the usual mix of small town retailers and lots of cafes. Not a bad looking wee place by any means.

Archived