Worst Town In Scotland

I'm Brian

2 hours ago, banana said:

Stacks up pretty evenly with memories of growing up in deepest, darkest parts of Dundee.

I'm going straight to Halfords in the morning to pimp out my bike with LEDs. Only a matter of time before that's big over here.

2 hours ago, gavin_3110 said:

Some nice property to be had in Detroit.

Link

No doubt going by those prices those properties are not in the Detroit equivalent of Rodeo Drive. Saying that though, there will probably be a lot of people from that area who would be happy to rent there so no doubt the property spivs over there will be snapping them up.

The easy answer is Forfar.

Nothing of note has ever happened there

And don't give me "but bridies" pish
There are far better Bridie vendors elsewhere in Angus.
Far Far is the ultimate shitehole.

Sent from a dark, dank hellhole.

Forfar isn't even the biggest shithole in Angus, Brechin is 100x worse

I'm assuming those mentioning Forfar/Brechin etc have never actually set foot outside of Angus? Take your pick from anyone of the old mining towns in East Ayrshire and you have a winner, the entire place needs carpet bombed.

I'm assuming those mentioning Forfar/Brechin etc have never actually set foot outside of Angus? Take your pick from anyone of the old mining towns in East Ayrshire and you have a winner, the entire place needs carpet bombed.

Aye Brechin was only said by myself in the context of Angus.

Been to a few shiteholes down that way, very Fife'esque

Outwith the two clear winners of Forfar and Brechin, Glenrothes is another absolute hellhole. 

Glenrothes is a hellhole? I've never noticed it in that way. It's a bit soulless as all the New Towns are to some extent.

The new Michael Woods Centre (previously Fife Institute) probably has the best sports facilities in Fife. The housing that I pass by to get there doesn't seem particularly hellhole-ish.

A hellhole for me is one of those places that is suffering from urban decay (admittedly some of the original schemes in Glenrothes may fit this bill, but I never go to these schemes) and where the inhabitants look like they are aimless, unfit and just want the reaper to come and take them to end it all.

Just now, Scary Bear said:

A hellhole for me is one of those places that is suffering from urban decay (admittedly some of the original schemes in Glenrothes may fit this bill, but I never go to these schemes) and where the inhabitants look like they are aimless, unfit and just want the reaper to come and take them to end it all.

This is where we may differ then. "Hellhole" status is more than the urban decay element. Glenrothes, albeit "new" is the absolute definition of hellhole for me, a soulless, uninspiring void of no opportunity or excitement. Just a circular nightmare of shit. 

This is where we may differ then. "Hellhole" status is more than the urban decay element. Glenrothes, albeit "new" is the absolute definition of hellhole for me, a soulless, uninspiring void of no opportunity or excitement. Just a circular nightmare of shit. 

Where do you live and how does Glenrothes differ from there?

The Town Centre of Glenrothes isn't great, by most accounts, but there seems to be plenty work there with all the industrial estates. Fife Council have been trying to make it the capital of Fife for long enough. I don't frequent the place that much, but I recall a nice walk up to Falkland Hill from Glenrothes. Think it has a nice park too. Has The Rothes Halls for gigs and stuff.

Where do you live and how does Glenrothes differ from there?

The Town Centre of Glenrothes isn't great, by most accounts, but there seems to be plenty work there with all the industrial estates. Fife Council have been trying to make it the capital of Fife for long enough. I don't frequent the place that much, but I recall a nice walk up to Falkland Hill from Glenrothes. Think it has a nice park too. Has The Rothes Halls for gigs and stuff.

I hail from the Scottish Republic of Dundee. 

The Capital of Fife? Empty praise indeed. :lol:

I hail from the Scottish Republic of Dundee. 

The Capital of Fife? Empty praise indeed. :lol:

There's a reason the various kings of Scotland liked staying at Dunfermline and Falkland, and why St Andrews was a main attraction for them. Fife is a nice place.

Why didn't they choose Dundee?

There's a reason the various kings of Scotland liked staying at Dunfermline and Falkland, and why St Andrews was a main attraction for them. Fife is a nice place.

Why didn't they choose Dundee?

Don't get me wrong; it's on my bucket list to visit every burial place for every Scottish king. I know that I'll have to visit some places in Fife, but don't kid yourself that they are all there. A lot of them are in the Western Isles and Borders.

I'd imagine they didn't choose Dundee because it wasn't as big back in those days. :1eye