NFL London

Sloop John B

I was at the game on Sunday.  Twickenham is an amazing stadium and the tailgate sections were good, there was loads of great food.

It was really interesting to see a game in the flesh, it's different to watching on TV.  Seeing the whole field you get a much better idea of the progress teams are making, of field position and progress.  Even though it was a game that didn't feature too many long throws, you do get the impression about how accurate thye have to be - Kizer had one long completion to a receiver that I had a great view of and it was pinpoint.

In terms of the game itself, the Browns obviously tried to protect the ball when they had it by not having Kizer make risky throws - as above he only threw it long once.  This cut out the INTs but meant they couldn't really stretch the game.  The Vikings clearly had better targets in Thielan and Diggs (mainly Thielan) and punished the Browns with them.  It was a close game though, right up until the end of the 3rd I thought the Browns had a great chance of winning.  The extra quality of Minnesota told in the end.

• 1 month later...