NFL London

Sloop John B

Watching it on the telly the box the atmosphere sounded better and louder.

Think that was down to it being the Giants, or just a better atmosphere in general?

Interested to hear how the logistics of the day panned out, especially in comparison to Wembley, keen for a change of scenery next year.

Logistically, I think it would have to be Murrayfield; bigger capacity, much more space around the stadium itself, more direct transport links with the trams. Has much more of an "NFL feel" to it than Parkhead...would love to watch an NFL game at CP though.

Will be interesting to see what games the new White Hart Lane will host; proposed capacity only 61,000.

I think it's pretty much a done deal that they'll host games there... and that's a bigger capacity that the Toronto venue where the Bills were hosting games, for instance.

Hopefully the slightly reduced capacity wouldn't mean a large increase in ticket prices.

Yeh it's definitely a done deal, (at least) 2 a year from 2018 or 2019.

There's still the Wembley option as well, will be interesting to see just how many games a year we are getting come 2019/20

I think there might end up being eight... same as if London had a franchise.

Three at Spurs, three at Wembley, a couple at Twickenham or maybe the Olympic Stadium?

Hopefully Scotland gets a game and I'd like to see Germany get one or two as they were good supporters to NFL Europa.

It does seem as if they're gearing up towards having a touring franchise over here, whether it's just London, the UK or Europe is yet to be seen but you can see that's the way it's going. The Euro Jags...

Would be great if the UK got a team, don't have an affiliation with any particular team even though I've watched the NFL for 3-4 years and been really into it the last couple, so would give me a team to support.

Wouldn't like to see a team move (probably the Jags) as it's not fair on the fans from that city but looks like the most likely outcome.

Edited by irvine_buddie

most of us have a team already and have no plans on changing. and just now it is a day trip (couple of days) down to London to watch the game. how many people can afford to do that for a full season of games.

Imagine they get to the play offs, teams won't be happy travleing all the way to London and then back for the next one. the AFC/NFC Championship game being held at 6am in the states wouldn't go down well either.

I wish the Bronco's would come over more often.. fingers crossed for a game next year.

The Championship game could easily be held at midday East Coast time as we have hosted games at 6pm UK team loads of times.

In terms of the playoffs, if you don't want to travel to London, finish above the London team in the seedings and you'll be guaranteed not to have to play them away.

As for the "day trip", I think the NFL have researched this and shown that the vast majority of attendees live within an hour of London.