Fifa careers, for the traditionalists.

parsforlife

Ended up finishing 17th in the end.

Played the south America cup over the summer I had a poor group stage but managed to squeeze through as a best loser on goal difference, got knocked out in the quarters by Argentina.

Had the pre-contract guys join the squad, most importantly zouma and batth which has made my centre of defence much stronger. Also added some squad players including a reserve keeper as for some reason when I joined the club I was left with only the one.

Sold a couple of squad players I no longer need.

The board have given me the aim of automatic promotion and finish in the last 16 in the cup.

Started the season with 3 wins , knocking Walsall out the league cup and 1-0 victories over Charlton and Brighton. Here's hoping for a good season.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alright here's a question, how the f**k do you change teams after you've finished a season? I've applied for jobs but I never get the option to accept.

Getting a new job can be a difficulty but quite simple really, play well and be realistic with what jobs you can get.

Well I understand it's a bug, is it not? I'd applied for a Lazio job after winning the CL with Celtic. The odd thing is, after applying there was a headline in the news section saying I was offered the job but, again, no option to chose to accept.

Are you able to change jobs? Is it a bug, or am I missing something? I'm talking about FIFA '14 by the way.

Hold on, just experimented and got a move to Inter from Celtic midway through a simd season. No idea why I found this so difficult previously, haha. I actually gave up on the game and went back to FIFA '13! Ah well, cheers I suppose.

Here's my career now,

-Gone to Inter

-Sold everyone (in progress)

-Success

Aye, that schedule is a bitch. After the Swindon game I lost the next four.

Got a 1-1 draw at Selhurst Park but lost the replay 1-0. Things have since settled in the league and I'm 11th with a dozen games left.

Hit another bad run, six defeats from seven with half a dozen games left. Still sitting 14th, though, with a half decent chance of finishing in the top 12 if I can remember how to win again.

EDIT: Eventually went no wins in ten before picking up two wins in the last two games to finish 15th. Applied for the Charlton job and got an email offering me the job as well as a news article stating the same. Couldn't find where to accept the job though! Strange.

Following on from the phantom Charlton job offer I decided to stick with Accrington for a second season. Managed to get a couple of decent free transfers in as well as a couple of loans from the Premier League. Did have to trim the squad to accommodate this.

Inexplicably I'm one of the favourites for promotion despite those squad changes. As it happens I won my first four league games before taking 1pt from the following three. Did beat West Ham in the 2nd round of the League Cup, though. Onwards and upwards...

Finished 2nd and lost to Hearts in the semi-final of the cup.

Only managed to lose the one game in the league v Celtic but far too many draws kept us from winning the title. Strawberry finished the season with 16 goals and 3 assists.

At the end of the January transfer window in 2014/2015 and Ally's still at Thistle. Unbeaten in the league so far and Paul Gallacher has 20 clean sheets in 24 games which is a sublime record, and we conceded our first league goal in the 14th game. It's been much the same really as last season, lots of 0-0s and grabbing 1-0 wins. Sitting second behind Celtic with 13 wins and 11 draws. Strawberry has scored 10 league goals and 3 assists which is a decent enough record just now.

Due to finishing second last season we got to Champion's League qualifiers but lost 1-0 at home and 3-0 away to Wolfsburg. In our Europa League group we got Valencia, Sporting Lisbon and Sion and finished top, but got knocked out in the last 32 by Napoli, losing 1-0 away and drawing 1-1 at home. Not a bad effort though and Strawbs got 4 goals in the competition.

Ally Strawberry finished the season with 14 goals (one behind top scorer, Balde) and with 5 assists, so it was a good enough season for the young Pakistani. However, a transfer request was handed in as Thistle had yet again finished second, and Strawberry felt that he had achieved all he could with the Glasgow club, so a move to Borussia Monchengladbach was on the cards. Two goals and no assists in a half-season which saw Ally left on the bench for the majority of games and Monchengladbach loitered around the mid-table position. Due to a lack of games, he went on loan to Bundesliga 2 side Union Berlin. Not played many games yet but he needs to score 5 and set up 5. 'mon Strawbs. I believe in you.

I've started a CM with FC Köln. "The Billygoats" have flirted between the Bundesliga and 2.Bundesliga since 2000,and have spent the last couple of seasons in the German second tier.Köln play at the 50,000 capacity RheinEnergieStadion, and have good support from their ultras. I'm currently 1st in 2.Bundesliga,with 9 points from 9.Before the first game of the season I signed two players on loan,CAM Marcos Lopes from Man City and Fulham ST Moussa Dembélé.I also signed Barcelona CM Jonothan Dos Santos for £1.8 million. In my first game I defeated SV Sandhausen 2-0 with goals from striker Anthony Ujah and our impressive winger Marcel Risse grabbed the other.Next up was a trip to Erzgebirge Aue, on the other side of Germany.Again we won 2-0, with Risse and centre back Kevin Wimmer on the scoresheet. Our third game was a challenge, at home versus 1860 Munich, and only a 76th minute Ujah strike separated the two.

I've started a Player career mode. Decided to start at the bottom so signed for Cork City. So far we've picked up 1 point from 3 games. I've been subbed at the 85 minute mark in my last two games due to my headless chicken approach to midfield duties. When you get subbed it offers you to sim the rest of the game or watch it. I've simmed them both, 1st game we were up 1-0, simmed to a 3-1 loss. 2nd game we were 2-0 up, simmed to a 4-2 loss! Think i'll just watch the remaining 5 minutes from now on.

Played 9 games since:

Energie Cottbus 1-1 FC Köln (Ujah)

FC Köln 3 (Ujah 3)-1 SC Paderborn

FC Kaiserlautern 0-1 FC Köln (Dos

Santos)

FC Köln 3 (Risse,helmes and Ujah)-3 FSV Frankfurt

Arm. Bielefeld 0-3 FC Köln (ujah 2,Dembélé)

FC Köln 1 (ujah)-1 Gruether Fürth (4-3 on pens)

FC Köln 2 (ujah 2)-0 Union Berlin

Karlsruher 2-1 FC Köln (Dembélé)

FC Köln (Lopes 2,Ujah,Bröker) 4-0 VFR Aalen

2nd in league with 26 points from 11,Greuther Fürth top with 32 from 12.

Ujah has scored 11 league goals already,and Risse is leading assist maker.

Ally Strawberry finished the season with 14 goals (one behind top scorer, Balde) and with 5 assists, so it was a good enough season for the young Pakistani. However, a transfer request was handed in as Thistle had yet again finished second, and Strawberry felt that he had achieved all he could with the Glasgow club, so a move to Borussia Monchengladbach was on the cards. Two goals and no assists in a half-season which saw Ally left on the bench for the majority of games and Monchengladbach loitered around the mid-table position. Due to a lack of games, he went on loan to Bundesliga 2 side Union Berlin. Not played many games yet but he needs to score 5 and set up 5. 'mon Strawbs. I believe in you.

Towards the end of his loan spell he wasn't getting played and it was a sad end to Strawberry's tenure at Union Berlin, with just two goals and two assists. He went back to Monchengladbach and a transfer request was handed in - Ally wanted regular football even if it was for a shite team, and he wouldn't get that here. One loan offer from Hearts came in, but he'd already dominated Scotland, so he waited... and waited... and waited... and nothing came in.

There was one hour left in the transfer window and news was coming out from the German side. Rumours were flying about; what was it?

Luuk De Jong to a bigger club?

No.

The return of Marco Reus?

No.

Had Ally Strawberry found a club?!

No.

He had retired from football at the young age of 21. After three seasons in football, the Pakistani forward decided enough was enough and he was to end his career after an unsuccessful stint in Germany. What was next for him? He took the reigns at Wigan and became manager.

Unfortunately for big Strawbs, he got into some trouble and was trying to fix matches in Wigan's favour and was arrested for footballing corruption. He's currently serving 4 years in jail. Will he return to the football when he's 25? Probably not. God speed, Ally, and all the best for the future. You'll be missed.

Following on from the phantom Charlton job offer I decided to stick with Accrington for a second season. Managed to get a couple of decent free transfers in as well as a couple of loans from the Premier League. Did have to trim the squad to accommodate this.

Inexplicably I'm one of the favourites for promotion despite those squad changes. As it happens I won my first four league games before taking 1pt from the following three. Did beat West Ham in the 2nd round of the League Cup, though. Onwards and upwards...

Ended up going eight games without a win and tumbling down to 15th. Played for a while last night and won four on the bounce to get right back up the table. Talk about inconsistent!!

• 2 weeks later...

Wanted to do a sort of journeyman manager game starting from the bottom and working my way up. Finding it hard to get into due to the Scouting thing. Anyone finding this the same? I can't be bothered with it. I preferred the old way when you just knew their ability.

The scouting ability is flawed. For some reason larger players abilities are on view for all to see whereas lesser players arent. Also the scouting system doesn't adjust to the size of your budget. I did a few seasons at Hertha and turned them into an all conquering side with a modest budget each season, yet the scouts seemed keen on advising me of shite year on year. You eventually end up just buying the best players at your previous clubs whenever you move which is dull as hell.

I want a challenge on fifa 14 and I put Hearts in League One and wanted to have to stay there for a year or two and build up the squad to avoid relegation, get mid table then promotion.

However, it was too easy on world class with sliders and I ended up strolling the League.

The championship is more difficult but I hoped the challenge to be sooner. The thing is hoe can I compete in the championship with 250k and 1.25k wage budget..

Ended up finishing 17th in the end.

Played the south America cup over the summer I had a poor group stage but managed to squeeze through as a best loser on goal difference, got knocked out in the quarters by Argentina.

Had the pre-contract guys join the squad, most importantly zouma and batth which has made my centre of defence much stronger. Also added some squad players including a reserve keeper as for some reason when I joined the club I was left with only the one.

Sold a couple of squad players I no longer need.

The board have given me the aim of automatic promotion and finish in the last 16 in the cup.

Started the season with 3 wins , knocking Walsall out the league cup and 1-0 victories over Charlton and Brighton. Here's hoping for a good season.

With my brother up over Christmas I haven't played in a while, started back up now and I had a small slip up losing three in a row including a league cup defeat to reading, had an international break and came back with a 7-0 win over Bristol city, I then won the next three leaving me having played 9 on 21 points, that has me 3rd with Middlesbrough and derby above me on 22 and 23 points respectively.

Half way through the season and I'm sitting 4th on 47 points. Sunderland have a comfortable lead at the top with 55 points but the 2nd promotion place is there for the taking with middlesbrough there currently on 49 points.

Started world cup qualifying with 4 points from my first 4 games which isn't exactly great but given there are 5 qualifying spots I'm only 2 points outside them so plenty chance to recover,

Played 29 games now , I'm 4th on 59 points but have a game in hand over Wigan and crystal pallace who are only ahead on goal difference also on 59 points are Middlesbrough who also have only played 29 games but I have a better gd than.

Sunderland seem to have slipped up a bit and are now within touching distance of the chasing pack(the 3 teams mentioned + ourselves) they are on 62 points after 29 games.

Got a couple of strikers and a winger that will join us in the summer, hopefully as a premier league club.

Next up i'm away to premier league leaders chelsea in the fa cup, a tie earned as i won my 3rd round match vs Ipswich. Big test.

Archived