Fifa careers, for the traditionalists.

parsforlife

Started a new career mode with Aston Villa on world class. My board expectation is to finish mid-table which I think is fair. Only a few games into a very tough opening to the season my first 3 games were against Arsenal, Chelsea & Liverpool.

In the transfer window I brought in a few players and sold some older players as well as loaning out the youngsters.

Outs:

Guzan - Was offered £9m from Bayern Leverkusen and £9m was too good to turn down.

N'Zogbia - Played him in the friendlies and wasn't too impressed he's also getting a bit old so I sold him to Toulouse for £3.5m.

El Ahmadi - Getting old and very slow. Mangled to get £3.3m for him from Newcastle which I thought was pretty decent.

Alan Hutton - Again quite old and wanted to get rid while I could still get something from him. Sold for £750k to Fulham.

Herd - Dead wood. Sold to Bolton for £500k.

Steiber - Loaned out to Yeovil for game time.

Burke - Loaned out to Crewe for game time.

Helenius - Loaned out to Milwall for game time.

Drennan - Loaned out to Bristol City for game time.

Ins:

Van Ginkel - Manged to get this young lad in on loan. Very good all round midfielder.

Ter Stegen - Bought for £10m which means I really only spent £1m after the sale of Guzan. Ter Stegen is very young also (21).

Bakkali - Great young lad from PSV with one of the highest potentials in the game. Paid £5m for him.

Dos Santos - Young midfielder from Barcelona. Good around stats and only paid £2.2m for him.

Also looking at players with less than a year left on their contract to see if I can get them on a pre-contract in January.

I'm only 3 games into the season which as I mentioned was a very tough 3 games against Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool and 2 of those 3 games were away from home.

Arsenal (A) Drew 1-1

Chelsea (A) Lost 2-0

Liverpool (H) Lost 2-0

Piss poor start to the season but the games can only get easier. Next up is Newcastle (H), Norwich (A) and Man City (H).

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I appear to have done a Morton, I've started this season really quite poorly.

After 7 league games I'm 10th on 7 points :(

Knocked out of the champions league 5-4 on aggregate and lost my opening 2 europa league games as well to Lyon and feyenoord, panathainikos make up the group.

Lost luckassen who won the golden boot last year to injury for the next 3 months as well. Desperately need my luck to turn.

In my WC qualifiers haven't done much better, another 2 defeats saw me drop out of the qualifying places and with 2 games left its an exciting finish with goal difference separating ourselves, Venezuela and Columbia. Paraguay also are only 3 points behind chasing the last 2 spots.

Operation stop being shit is about 50 % complete.

13 games in I'm in a more respectable 6th but I'd still like to be higher(I see little reason why 2nd isn't achievable again) I'm 8 points behind Aberdeen who are there at the moment but there still a long way to go, I would still need to play better. a draw with panathanikos (probably spelt it wrong) saw me get my first European points but I'm still bottom.

With peru I drew with chili meaning I went into the final game with Columbia knowing a win and I qualified, defeat I didn't and a draw would mean i needed venezuela to get beat. I scored early and won comfortably in the end but venezuela got beat anyway so Columbia also qualified with myself.(and the usual suspects of brazil, Argentina and uraguay)

As I say I'm only half way to sorting myself out but things are looking better, getting a better job has proved to be more of a struggle than I'd have liked but the European cash has allowed me to bring In a 4 star scout who has found me a couple of guys who look decent, hopeful of getting them on pre-contracts come January.

okay so decided to start my own career after reading this.

so I went wolves and have so far done not so bad! However I probably should be doing better than I currently am.

so Im currently 19 games into the league and i am sitting 4th with 2 games in hand with Sheffield United 1st - 51 points and Peterborough 2nd - 47 points, so if I win both I can go second with 48 points (currently 42).

I have won 12 Drew 6 lost 1.

Current Team

Hennessey - 72

Rickketts - 69

Batth - 68

Gunter - 63 (bought from Dortmund)

Goldbourne - 67

Henry - 73

Mcdonald - 66

O'hara - 71

Jacobs - 70

Sako - 76

Griffiths - 71

Siguardarson got injured for 3 months and has really affected where my league position and the squad in general.

I was playing a 4-4-2 unfortunately with only having two good strikers (doyle and Griffiths) I unfortunately had to go to a 4-5-1 or 4-3-2-1 as I can't have anymore strikers getting injured!

He's due back in three weeks hopefully I can get back to my goal scoring ways and get automatic promotion.

Transfer are a bit difficult for myself as I don't really like to look up players potentials and just buy that player, so I've looked for players and I'm going to try and get players on 1 year contracts and hopefully I'll be able to widen my squad with some talent so I have a better chance in the Championship next season!

26 games played now and I'm up to 4th on 49 points, 6 points behind aberdeen in 2nd, 9 points ahead of Motherwell who are 7th.

Luckassen has returned from injury but he hasn't quite hit last seasons form but I'm not sure how much of that is purely because Ross is picking up more of the goals.

I had an unlikely win against Leon in the euro league but defeats to feyenoord and panathanikos saw me finish bottom of the group, not that I was ever expecting to do anything in Europe anyway.

Oh and I've finally made some signings, got a couple of guys on pre-contracts who should join me in the summer.

okay so I've managed to get the luckiest Capital One Cup ever. I've been getting teams that are lower championship or below till t he Semi Final and I help Swansea to the second leg and Griffiths scored a goal in the 60th minute putting me into the final against Liverpool which i'll probably lose (even though they sold Suarez).

Over the winter I took some gambles buying players who MAY be good :

Transfer in :

Januzaj - 70 - Manchester United

Sandro - 65 - Barcalona B

Javi Espinosa - 64 - Barcalona B (pish for being 21)

Dongou Tsafack - 66 - Barcalona B

Azogue - 63 - Free Agent

Bejarano - 51 - Free Agent (might try get atleast 20k or something for him)

Transfer out :

Ikeme - He wanted to leave

Reckord - Loaned to Port Vale

Doyle - Sold to FCA? for 1.95M

Doherty - Loaned to Brentford

Moli - Loaned to Hartlepool

McCarey - Loaned to Plymouth Arygale?

anyway, so I've managed to get some more man power in my team!

So im top of the league with 24 Wins, 8 Draws and still only 1 loss, 2nd place is Bristol City with 24 Wins, 7 Draws and 3 losses.

Started a season with Southampton, they have a cracking young squad! Bought in a couple and have a starting line-up of:

Boruc

Clyne Fonte Lovren Shaw

Wanyama Schneiderlin Ledley

Mackay-Stevens Osvaldo Ramirez

Subs: Yoshida, Davis, Lallana, Rodriguez, Lambert, Cork, Hooiveld

• 2 weeks later...

Been a while since I updated.

Finished what i thought was 2nd but the game seemed to have me 3rd for some reason when I started the new season(I noticed as I had entered euro league rather than champions league)

Lost the play offs so no European run for me but I had the team sitting top after 10 games or so when I took over at Huddersfield in the championship.

They had played 12 games or so when i arrived and were sitting a few places above the relegation zone. I was asked for to achive a high finish.

Struggled to start with and I took me 4-5 games to get a win which is clearly pretty poor. I began to work out the different players strengths and since improved but after 26 games all I've done is return to where the club was when I took over, I'm 19th on 26 points 8 points above the relegation zone, I reckon 8th would be considered a high finish which is where Wigan are right now on 38 points so I'm kinda far behind on where I should be, hopeful for the future tho.

Decided to do a career mode with a twist as I was struggling to stick with one. Moved Dundee United in to league 2 in England at the expense of Newport County. Only started it last night so only played 2 games (3-1 win at home to Rochdale) and (4-0 loss to boro in the cup).

Not made any changes to the squad as it should be strong enough to win promotion to league 1. Will hopefully get a bit more cash to strengthn then as I have already identified a few signing targets.

My starting team is currently:

GK- Radoslav Cierzniak

RB- Keith Watson

CB- Gavin Gunning

CB- Calum Butcher(Sean Dillon broke his foot and is out for 3 months)

LB-Andy Robertson

CDM: John Rankin

CDM: Paul Paton

RAM: Stuart Armstrong

CAM: Ryan Gauld

LAM:GMS

ST: David Goodwillie

Not a traditional career, but me and a mate have a player season career running (but playing with the whole team, not just the player), just because the new transfer this is quite simply abysmal. Started off with Thistle, of course, and our player is a 6ft 2 centre forward called Ally Strawberry from Pakistan (big in-joke but so f**k).

We're only playing it on professional (so I think we'll up it for the following season if we're still at Thistle) but we're currently sitting 2nd after 26 games, with 17 wins, 8 draws and 1 loss. All 8 of the draws have been 0-0 (bar a 2-2 with Celtic), the loss was 1-0 to Celtic, and only 6 of the wins have been higher than a 1-0 victory to us, so it's smash and grab football but it actually seems to be working. 14 goals in all competitions so far for Strawberry (Archie wanted 7) which is pretty good, but only 3/5 assists, but he is a lone striker. Really enjoying it so far. If we win the league I hope Strawbs can move on to a bigger club.

Going to finally start a career but whats the best option just to do the pro career or do the full manager mode. As the transfer system looks alot different.

The transfer system is a bit of a pain in the arse. You have to scout players to be able to see their overall rating however this can be quite easily dealt with by using a site like Futhead. http://www.futhead.com/

The transfer system is a bit of a pain in the arse. You have to scout players to be able to see their overall rating however this can be quite easily dealt with by using a site like Futhead. http://www.futhead.com/

Are you able to get overall ratings? I never get that , what * scouts will give you overalls? Or are you scouting the same player several times?

Are you able to get overall ratings? I never get that , what * scouts will give you overalls? Or are you scouting the same player several times?

Sorry. I should have mentioned that I scout the player several times. I tend to just stick to buying players I know are decent.

Sorry. I should have mentioned that I scout the player several times. I tend to just stick to buying players I know are decent.

Ok , I'll give that a try. Previously I done this but it seemed to not make a difference in the detail about the player but I suppose it's worth another shot.

My current transfer policy is basically sent scouts out looking for players with less than a year left on their contracts and signing guys with a highish value on frees.

I, too, have started a career with Accrington on world class mode. Got a couple of loan deals in with Januzaj coming in from Man Utd and Daniel Johnson from Villa. Both are rated 62 in the game so should see some decent improvement from both over the season.

Negotiated the friendlies with a couple of draws and a slim defeat against Roda. Got an absolute rattling from Pompey in the 1st league game, though. A crushing 6-1 defeat was not what I had in mind!!

Once I got used to world class mode I've settled into things fairly well. Sitting 9th at the moment and just dumped Swindon out of the FA Cup after a replay. Drawn at Palace in the 3rd round so that should be fun.

The schedule is starting to catch up, though. I've been playing Saturday/Tuesday for the last five game weeks and got the same for the next four or five game weeks too. The squad is threadbare so trying to juggle things is going to be tough.

Not a traditional career, but me and a mate have a player season career running (but playing with the whole team, not just the player), just because the new transfer this is quite simply abysmal. Started off with Thistle, of course, and our player is a 6ft 2 centre forward called Ally Strawberry from Pakistan (big in-joke but so f**k).

We're only playing it on professional (so I think we'll up it for the following season if we're still at Thistle) but we're currently sitting 2nd after 26 games, with 17 wins, 8 draws and 1 loss. All 8 of the draws have been 0-0 (bar a 2-2 with Celtic), the loss was 1-0 to Celtic, and only 6 of the wins have been higher than a 1-0 victory to us, so it's smash and grab football but it actually seems to be working. 14 goals in all competitions so far for Strawberry (Archie wanted 7) which is pretty good, but only 3/5 assists, but he is a lone striker. Really enjoying it so far. If we win the league I hope Strawbs can move on to a bigger club.

Finished 2nd and lost to Hearts in the semi-final of the cup.

Only managed to lose the one game in the league v Celtic but far too many draws kept us from winning the title. Strawberry finished the season with 16 goals and 3 assists.

At the end of the January transfer window in 2014/2015 and Ally's still at Thistle. Unbeaten in the league so far and Paul Gallacher has 20 clean sheets in 24 games which is a sublime record, and we conceded our first league goal in the 14th game. It's been much the same really as last season, lots of 0-0s and grabbing 1-0 wins. Sitting second behind Celtic with 13 wins and 11 draws. Strawberry has scored 10 league goals and 3 assists which is a decent enough record just now.

Due to finishing second last season we got to Champion's League qualifiers but lost 1-0 at home and 3-0 away to Wolfsburg. In our Europa League group we got Valencia, Sporting Lisbon and Sion and finished top, but got knocked out in the last 32 by Napoli, losing 1-0 away and drawing 1-1 at home. Not a bad effort though and Strawbs got 4 goals in the competition.

10 games to go and not much has changed, I'm 18th with 39 points, no real danger of going down but no chance of getting the high finish the board wanted, had a couple of emails telling me to sort it out but I can't seem to get a run of form going , I'll scrap and scrape as many points together as I can but if I'm being honest i'd happy enough for the season to end and get a fresh start.

Signed a couple of pre-contracts so I'll have some guys join me over the summer, kanenga Lualua joined in January on a free but hasn't shown enough yet, he has a good rating so it's probably just a case of me finding how to use him best.

Nothing much happening with Peru, forgot to mention before that I played the world cup last summer(when I was at county) and got knocked out in the group stage.

Once I got used to world class mode I've settled into things fairly well. Sitting 9th at the moment and just dumped Swindon out of the FA Cup after a replay. Drawn at Palace in the 3rd round so that should be fun.

The schedule is starting to catch up, though. I've been playing Saturday/Tuesday for the last five game weeks and got the same for the next four or five game weeks too. The squad is threadbare so trying to juggle things is going to be tough.

Aye, that schedule is a bitch. After the Swindon game I lost the next four.

Got a 1-1 draw at Selhurst Park but lost the replay 1-0. Things have since settled in the league and I'm 11th with a dozen games left.

Archived