Pubs Near Your Ground

Anyone visiting falkirk r more than welcome to the cheapest social cub in the area Camelon juniors football club which has a large car park and only 5 minutes away from Westfield stadium.

Whereabout is that pal. Always hated going to TFS because of pubs and ridiculous prices for parking. You might have fixed that.

• 2 weeks later...

Wee addition to my note about The Lime Kiln - one of the only boozers locally that sells Peroni on tap, and also Belhaven Best, none of that Caledonia shite that Tennents churn oot. So well worth a visit for that, and the fact that managers a mate of mine. Guid c**t he is tae.

Before the game, a visit to the Almondvale Suite for food would be my recommendation. The food is absolutely top notch, done by a company called Food Creations. Big portions, and the prices are very decent. Only gripe with the Almondvale Suite is the choice of drink - it's fairly limited, and the service can be a wee bit slow. They try their best though. It'll be interesting to see how the place copes with the (anticipated) bigger crowds.

There's an actual Weatherspoon in Alloa town centre now, about halfway between the Star and the Thistle, in part of the old Co-Op building. It's called the Bobbing John, a name popular with history buffs and lovers of innuendo. Fnarr.

Prison officers club opened end of mcleod street they let non members in I think

Very good there I thought cheap booze no complaining apart from the result at the end of the day. Drained my sorrows with a few mates and back on the train home. Not a bad place.

Oh just to add Shimla Palace the indian near the stadium. It might not be the nicest looking of places but got great grub at reasonable prices. Worth a visit

Edited by Christopherffc

When in Dumfries i would recomend the New Baazar on the Whitesands (easy to get to, but best to ask directions as easy to miss if you don't know where you are going)

Excellent Beers

3 Real Ales

Child Friendly

10 mins walk from Palmerston Park

lots of fast food outlets in near vicinity

• 3 weeks later...

Might be worth pointing out that any pub near Tynecastle is away fan friendly except from the obvious mobs.

Stratfords is my personal favourite on Gorgie Road and it's a busy pub but quite a decent size too. Diggers is massively popular with both home and away fans.

Robertsons has changed as well to a family restaurant/pub called Pryde's. Not sure what it's like but a lot of Jambos still drink there plus you'll get a scran too.

Not sure how away fans would get along in Tynie Arms but I'd imagine they struggle to get in anyway given the place is Tynie and usually packed quite early.

Just to add to Dumbarton's for this season - there is a new Weatherspoons opened on the high street called the Captain James Lang. Nice enough pub with your usual Weatherspoons selection and prices (probably is the cheapest pint in Dumbarton) but it took them 20 minutes to serve four people when I was in the other night (a fairly dead night) and it's likely I won't bother going back (can imagine that being mayhem when there's more than 50 folk in).

I'm assuming this place won't have football on the telly beforehand with it being a Whetherspoons mate? If not, what's my best bet? Will be coming off the train at Dumbarton East I think.

Cheers.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

If you can be bothered with an extra fifteen minute walk, the Brass Monkey on Leith Walk has great food and a big drinks selection. No football colours allowed, although they can be coerced if you don't have anything to cover up with.

Edited by The Other Foot

• 5 weeks later...

A bit off topic, where do the Doonhamers suggest I dine next Friday(21st)

Primo Piano

Little Italy

Bruno's

La Dolce Vita

Or are there any other Italians that I have missed?

ETA

May I also ask for a pub where I can get a bar lunch and watch the Hearts v Rangers game the next day.

Edited by Zen Archer

A bit off topic, where do the Doonhamers suggest I dine next Friday(21st)

Primo Piano

Little Italy

Bruno's

La Dolce Vita

Or are there any other Italians that I have missed?

ETA

May I also ask for a pub where I can get a bar lunch and watch the Hearts v Rangers game the next day.

There's also the 'pizzaria' and the 'casa mia' and 'benvenuto's! (Never realised how many there were in dumfries.

I have never heard anyone complain about any of them to be honest.

Get an early bar lunch at cavens arms then head over to the devorgilla lounge bar to watch hearts hump sevco :-)

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone visiting falkirk r more than welcome to the cheapest social cub in the area Camelon juniors football club which has a large car park and only 5 minutes away from Westfield

stadium.

Your best bet is probably Lauries in Laurieston. Camelon (Ochiltree) near the wheel is a long way from the ground. 6 miles perhaps and add in traffic on a Saturday afternoon through town. A good few bars near the motorway junction as well on the east side of the ground.