Peaky Blinders

beermonkey

I didn't think it was obvious Arthur was still alive or anything but when he reappeared should he not at least have like a scar on his throat or something?
That was the 1st thing that I noticed. Not even a slight mark on his neck. It would have been a travisty if he had snuffed it though. Such a great character. Another good season. Good to see the quality hasn't dropped.

Alfie's definitely dead. At the end of series 3 there was a great scene between Alfie and Tommy where Alfie went nuts about only wanting Tommy to kill him if it was for "an honourable reason".

He used those words on the beach, and the last thing he said was "do you want me to do it for ya?!" and then deliberately shot Tommy in the arm to get him to hurry up about things. 

Amazing character. RIP Alfie Solomons!

All the smart arses saying that they knew that Arthur wasn't dead, aye right....

Season three was disappointing but this season completely made up for it. Gangsters v gangsters makes for better viewing than the whole international espionage nonsense.

All the smart arses saying that they knew that Arthur wasn't dead, aye right....
Season three was disappointing but this season completely made up for it. Gangsters v gangsters makes for better viewing than the whole international espionage nonsense.

Season 3 the worst one? I think so. 4 been much better.

A lot of talk on social media hoping that Stephen Graham will be in Season 5 reprising his role playing Al Capone as he did in Boardwalk Empire. Has recently worked with the makers of Peaky Blinders so i would be delighted if that crossover happened. Top actor

Alfie Solomon was a fucking sensational character, and that was a brilliant series. Not enough love for Johnny Dogs in this thread though, he is genuinely fucking hilarious. Whilst the main cast are genuinely excellent, it’s the recurring supporters like those two and big Curly that really add to it.

Thought Adrien Brody was excellent as Luca, and hopefully we’ll be seeing more of Aberama Gold, as that’s a character with huge potential.

Brilliant show, Arthur is the absolute boy.

Binge watched it yesterday and was absolutely blown away. A great storyline, great settings and for the most part a great cast. My only complaint would be I felt Adrian Brody over acted his part, the voice he put on was a but too much bit didn't ruin my overall enjoyment of the series.

Edited by Bert Raccoon

Binge watched it yesterday and was absolutely blown away. A great storyline, great settings and for the most part a great cast. My only complaint would be I felt Adrian Brody over acted his part, the voice he put on was a but too much bit didn't ruin my overall enjoyment of the series.

Possibly a bit over the top, but getting him to do it, quite an achievement

Binge watched this over Christmas with the wife. Great TV and thought in the whole it was acted well,  Arthur is brilliant entertainment, Hardy is outstanding and it might be given away what episodes he's in by the credits but I'm happy if his name pop's up. Loved the Russian Duchess for obvious reasons, noticeable mention to the Shelby sister though. Heard series 3 was the poorest but though the second half was great TV, got the last 4 episodes of series 4 to watch so hopefully it keeps the standard up.

I'm midway through seres 3 and I think it's good. Nowhere near as good as the hype built it up to be, but good. Alfie Solomons is the best character in the show by miles. The soundtrack and the style of the show are brilliant, but there's bits of it I cannot get behind.

The end of series 1 when Campbell proposes to Grace nearly had me turning the whole thing off. Over the course of the series you could see he cared for her, but it seemed to be more along the lines of fatherly, protective care rather than marrying her. Didn't buy it for a second and it was so jarringly put there to manufacture a love rivalry between Tommy & him, which imo didn't need to be put there.

I'm not saying it's a bad show, it's just in the pile of alright shows that I've binge watched.