Peaky Blinders

beermonkey

• 3 weeks later...

I watched the first episode of Series* 3.  Horrible people with ugly accents and with a plot consisting solely of, "We're violent and we want money".  Terrible stuff.

We're not American so f**k off with 'Season' unless it's spring, autumn etc.

I watched the first episode of Series* 3. Horrible people with ugly accents and with a plot consisting solely of, "We're violent and we want money". Terrible stuff.

Aye, I must admit I have picked up the Americanisim of "season" instead of series. I really should try to drop that.

I have no idea how you can come to that conclusion about the plot. The main protagonists have money. They got it by being violent. The violence now though, is forced on them by powerful influence from the establishment.

I think the plot through the 3 series is the story of how the establishment sent them to war and made them into trained killers. On returning home they used these skills coupled with their pre existing unlawful ways to become much more powerful and dangerous. Having perfected these abilities the establishment is now once again using the family gang to do its dirty foreign diplomatic bidding.

In series 3, it's not about the money, money.

I watched the first episode of Series* 3. Horrible people with ugly accents and with a plot consisting solely of, "We're violent and we want money". Terrible stuff.

This is such nonsense man. Go and watch the first episode of series 3 of The Wire or Breaking Bad or The Sopranos and tell me you can judge it fairly. With The Wire in mind in particular, 'horrible people with ugly accents' is such a poor way to judge a show.

See the scene where Tommy and Major Campbell are both in the bar and they're at Epsom before The Derby? That's one of my favourite cinematic shots ever. There's just the obvious crowd of folk everywhere and slowly but surely it winds up just them two at the bar left... Absolute brilliance. From then on the episode just goes from strength to strength and culminates in Tommy somehow surviving that professional assassination in the field. I really think that last episode of the second series is glorious. 

Edited by BradHorse

the music and the way this series has been filmed throughout really shows a flair. It is violent and intelligent, yes the brummie accents can be a tad off but it is for a wider audience and it looks visually brilliant. It is like Ripper street which i liked, with a touch of grit and less pomposity. I urge anyone to go back and watch first 2 series before embarking on this season as they are playing on the characters that have been built up.

I had a bad feeling something was going to happen right through that episode but I was still shocked at the end. I'm really missing Sam Neil but it's still excellent.

Aye he's a definite miss. Polly shooting him in the heart was a very apt way for him to go but for some reason it'd slipped my mind that he was deed when I started watching this series and the show suffers without him imo... 

The closing shot from last week was stunning. I think we'll see the the return of the 'old Arthur' over the next few episodes...

Yeah it was perfect, you just knew what was about to happen, in leaving it to the imagination it was a very strong way to finish.