Peaky Blinders

beermonkey

great episode again, how does 'littlefinger' get acting work? his accent is  so weird  and really shows up against the strong accents in the show.  Having said that, his character looks to be every bit as scheming as littlefinger and a show like peaky blinders will find an ending for him that we should have got in GOT.

Spoiler

Have found the Pol scenes a bit grating and slightly over the top but just hoping that is properly reconciled now. 

14 hours ago, Thomas Wrongun said:

great episode again, how does 'littlefinger' get acting work? his accent is  so weird  and really shows up against the strong accents in the show.  Having said that, his character looks to be every bit as scheming as littlefinger and a show like peaky blinders will find an ending for him that we should have got in GOT.

Hide contents

Have found the Pol scenes a bit grating and slightly over the top but just hoping that is properly reconciled now. 

His accents are poor aye but he is a class actor.

No clue how they could do it plotwise but they need to get a scene with Murphy, Hardy, Gillen and Brody in the one room it would be incredible.

1 hour ago, The Golden God said:

His accents are poor aye but he is a class actor.

No clue how they could do it plotwise but they need to get a scene with Murphy, Hardy, Gillen and Brody in the one room it would be incredible.

That's just definitely gonna happen eh? 

The scene between Tommy and Luca was just glorious telly. See when you get these two alpha males who have legit back stories and never back down from anyone and they come together? That's good TV. Thats Tv done right. We were given the diet version when Tommy met Aberama and they went toe-to-toe. Tommy won that one. 

The meeting with Luca, Tommy was schooled. He's obviously gonna come back and Tommy Shelby it but I honestly think Aberama is the real antagonist here. Luca and his cronies are the very real and direct threat but - much like Littlefinger, actually - Aberama is gonna be the real threat imo.

Great start to the new series despite the historical errors and continuity errors ...

Episode 1 was supposedly set in 1925 yet the chef wanted to know if the Christmas Day visitors were arriving before or after the King' Speech - the first such speech didn't happen until 1932.

As for the shooting, the trees were in full leaf on Christmas Day.

Yous reckon Polly is actually fucking Tommy over or reckon she's at it?

Changretta obviously thinks she's at it but I feel like it would actually be too cliche if she wasn't playing the double agent. I reckon she really is gonna f**k Tommy over and it's gonna cause her death. 

She's become a very annoying character. Maybe for good reason.

1 hour ago, Adrian Madaschi said:

I reckon it might end up being Michael that would kill her.

Aye?! I mean... that'd be pretty fucking epic TV but it'd betray his character somewhat.

I've heard Tom Hardy is back next week. I reckon the fact that he had his problems with Sabini (Sp?) and Tommy also has problems with Italians might see them forming an alliance of sorts?

That's not really a spoiler for anyone that's curious, I just heard a certain character is back next week and I had a theory. 

Polly will probably play both sides to near the end of the vandetta then pick the side more likely to win IMO. Shes been getting on my nerves for a while though so would be quite happy for Changretta to bump her off

Did any of you catch this?

It's about 9 minutes 25 seconds into the latest episode. When Arthur's wife is closing the blinds and says something like "somebody who's under a great deal of stress and is under a lot of pressure"

That's Major Campbell. For sure. Bit of an Easter egg i think but I just rewatched the latest episode there and that's definitely him. I think?!

20171205_030137.jpg