Buying a Chinese phone....

wunfellaff

The Bluboo Brothers are moist with anticipation :D

Good.

Went kinda randomly to Lossiemouth / Fort game yesterday which gave me more of a play about with 4g.

EE defo more widespread around Inverness/Ding'all and along the A96.

In snek I quite often showed 3 4g on the search but wouldn't connect, a few miles on and it did.

I can only assume they aren't allowing access to the 800 band as it is a non VoLte phone (even then it would need to be one they support), and only connected to the higher frequency.

EE and it grabbed it no bother.

I really need to find which app to tell the frequency, so I can test it at dingwall next week for the tic game.

The Bluboo Brothers are moist with anticipation [emoji3]

Good.

Went kinda randomly to Lossiemouth / Fort game yesterday which gave me more of a play about with 4g.

EE defo more widespread around Inverness/Ding'all and along the A96.

In snek I quite often showed 3 4g on the search but wouldn't connect, a few miles on and it did.

I can only assume they aren't allowing access to the 800 band as it is a non VoLte phone (even then it would need to be one they support), and only connected to the higher frequency.

EE and it grabbed it no bother.

I really need to find which app to tell the frequency, so I can test it at dingwall next week for the tic game.

I am genuinely quite excited and a bit nervous that it turns out to be shite [emoji23]

I also won't be happy if mine doesn't come first seeing as I forked out extra for postage!

I see the flash sale for the white & Gold finish Maya Max has ended. Now selling for £125. Black & Silver is still on flash sale though. I ordered the black & silver as I prefer the black finish on the front.

Gold phones are for pimps and wannabe rappers.

I haven't had a despatch email yet :(

53 minutes ago, Mr X said:

Gold phones are for pimps and wannabe rappers.

I haven't had a despatch email yet :(

Nothing this end either. It's been a nightmare not having a mobile. Probably should have forked out the extra for the quicker delivery but I'm too mean.:P How did we manage to live without them in the good ol' days?

9 hours ago, YER SISTERS YER MAW said:

Nothing this end either. It's been a nightmare not having a mobile. Probably should have forked out the extra for the quicker delivery but I'm too mean.:P How did we manage to live without them in the good ol' days?

I just logged into my Gearbest account. It says "packed" but theres also a "Dispatch faster" button against the order. I clicked it and it says they will prioritise the order, not sure I believe it though :lol:

1 hour ago, Mr X said:

I just logged into my Gearbest account. It says "packed" but theres also a "Dispatch faster" button against the order. I clicked it and it says they will prioritise the order, not sure I believe it though :lol:

What am I talking about. I don't want to worry you Mr X but I did receive a dispatched e-mail 3 days ago (15th) which gave me a shipment number for tracking with British Priority Mail. BPM don't have any tracking info so far but Gearbest state that It may take a few days to show at their end. I'd maybe send them an email for an update. Maybe yours is coming by air mail but it still seems a bit odd that you haven't received a dispatch e-mail yet.

2 minutes ago, YER SISTERS YER MAW said:

What am I talking about. I don't want to worry you Mr X but I did receive a dispatched e-mail 3 days ago (15th) which gave me a shipment number for tracking with British Priority Mail. BPM don't have any tracking info so far but Gearbest state that It may take a few days to show at their end. I'd maybe send them an email for an update. Maybe yours is coming by air mail but it still seems a bit odd that you haven't received a dispatch e-mail yet.

:(

Mine definitely hasnt shipped.

I got an Umi Super a couple of weeks ago for ~£160. Have to be honest, it's a cracking bit of kit. Have to charge it probably twice in three days, but I've been hammering it with video and music. Pleasing lack of crapware on it as well. In Aberdeen at the moment, so 4G all over, which is top notch.

Edited by Cyclizine
Edited for inability to spell

I'm finding that some apps won't work on my Umi Super after they've been updated unless you reboot the phone - Facebook, Messenger, Netflix, Amazon Music recently.   No big deal, just a bit of a pain because it doesn't remember all the shortcuts when it starts up again and you have to replace them - if you can remember what went where!

Also having problems with the Bluetooth connection to my car, it keeps losing the music and I have to re-pair. Again, no big deal, just a bit of a pain.

Edited by salmonbuddie

On 19/10/2016 at 11:59, salmonbuddie said:

I'm finding that some apps won't work on my Umi Super after they've been updated unless you reboot the phone - Facebook, Messenger, Netflix, Amazon Music recently.   No big deal, just a bit of a pain because it doesn't remember all the shortcuts when it starts up again and you have to replace them - if you can remember what went where!

Also having problems with the Bluetooth connection to my car, it keeps losing the music and I have to re-pair. Again, no big deal, just a bit of a pain.

Don't know if it'll help but another update available, only 11meg this time as opposed to the 250meg update in Sept, and as yet no one on the forums knows what it is for, but won't hurt to be up-to-date.

OK, Gearbest are officially pissing me off now

The phone was shipped 4 days ago and theres still no tracking info on the DHL website. Every time I contact them I either get a "oh, just wait a few days and it will update" or the latest nonsense which was obviously a copy and paste of the shipping rates <_<

DHL shipping is supposed to be 2-6 days, they even keep telling me this! It had better arrive early next week or I'll be raging

9 minutes ago, Mr X said:

OK, Gearbest are officially pissing me off now

The phone was shipped 4 days ago and theres still no tracking info on the DHL website. Every time I contact them I either get a "oh, just wait a few days and it will update" or the latest nonsense which was obviously a copy and paste of the shipping rates <_<

DHL shipping is supposed to be 2-6 days, they even keep telling me this! It had better arrive early next week or I'll be raging

Hmmmm.... Mines was up here in 4 days after order processed. And that includes an extra courier.

Reminds me of my first jiayu , where I was convinced they were waiting on more stock.

Hmmmm.... Mines was up here in 4 days after order processed. And that includes an extra courier.

Reminds me of my first jiayu , where I was convinced they were waiting on more stock.

What's worse is someone else who ordered at the same time already has theres, without paying for expedited shipping.

I don't think it's a stock thing, they provided a tracking number for DHL, it's just there's no tracking info on their website.

They have the phone in stock in their EU warehouse with free 1-2 day shipping now :/