Buying a Chinese phone....

wunfellaff

2 minutes ago, YER SISTERS YER MAW said:

At least we're not Mr X. He's aged years waiting for his Chinese phones to arrive.emoji23.png

Haha, very true, I've a few orders on the go at the moment. Ordered one of the wee droids they have on their home page as a secret santa gift amongst other things. Still have folk slating me here for not having the latest iPhone before I sit down and explain the specs of the phone compared to theirs and the fact I paid £106 and they pay £45 a month :lol:

Haha, very true, I've a few orders on the go at the moment. Ordered one of the wee droids they have on their home page as a secret santa gift amongst other things. Still have folk slating me here for not having the latest iPhone before I sit down and explain the specs of the phone compared to theirs and the fact I paid £106 and they pay £45 a month [emoji38]

That's me on my 3rd Chinese phone and I've also ordered one for Xmas for the auld dear. I don't think I'll ever go back to the flagship brands on the UK market. Get far better bang for your buck if you do your research and order wisely from the Chinese market. Their phones are getting better and better, even the lesser known brands.

22 hours ago, McQuade said:

On this subject, anyone with access to BBC iPlayer should check out the last episode of 'Click' a , made in China one all about where all these phones are made.

Good recommendation. Enjoyed watching all the tests they do to ensure the longevity of the phones; some of them are harsh as f**k! 

5 hours ago, Twinkle said:

Decided to go with this. Went with the silver version

https://m.gearbest.com/cell-phones/pp_890677.html

A poor mans Elephone S8 :P 

56 minutes ago, boulderdomb said:

Is there a guide/checklist anywhere for being these phones and setting them up for optional performance on the uk network? I’m assuming a lot tweaking goes into these phones post-purchase to actually make them everyday usable?

Not really. They generally come with the UK play store and, as long as you check the band compatibility before you buy, theres nothing special required to get them working