Buying a Chinese phone....

wunfellaff

So i bought that Leagoo on thursday using paypal. This may be a complete coincedence but the following day my paypal was hacked and someone bought goods worth £177.50 using it. Ive got it sorted now but wasnt too chuffed with the situation

So i bought that Leagoo on thursday using paypal. This may be a complete coincedence but the following day my paypal was hacked and someone bought goods worth £177.50 using it. Ive got it sorted now but wasnt too chuffed with the situation

FFS! Even PayPal not secure anymore. Never used Banggood. At least you got it sorted though.

2 hours ago, Twinkle said:

I've never used banggood either, I dont think. Making me think I should check my paypal account

Still no update on the gearbest tracking for the phone but hopefully it will come this week. More worrying, the seller on aliexpress hasnt acknowledge my request to cancel the order <_<

Yes, they did
They liked it £25s worth
At least I know its in the country [emoji38]

Did you not get stung for import tax on your Maya Max as well? I've ordered a few things from China now and tbh been quite lucky this far to avoid any customs duty charges but I've always went for standard shipping. Did you go for expedited shipping again Mr X? Only time I've had to pay import tax was for a 3D background that I ordered for my aquarium from the USA.

1 hour ago, YER SISTERS YER MAW said:

Did you not get stung for import tax on your Maya Max as well? I've ordered a few things from China now and tbh been quite lucky this far to avoid any customs duty charges but I've always went for standard shipping. Did you go for expedited shipping again Mr X? Only time I've had to pay import tax was for a 3D background that I ordered for my aquarium from the USA.

No, I dont think I did on the Max. I didnt go for expedited shipping .. Im not that stupid :lol:

Phone arrived today default_smile.png

Really like the blue and the size of the phone. It's also really fast, like really fast!

A little dissapointed in the screen though. The white is really washed out and nowhere near as bright as the maya max. Not convinced by the colours either.

I used the Miravision to adjust the colour, contrast and brightness. After doing that, I thought it looked great. I thought you swapped over to the black one?

26 minutes ago, YER SISTERS YER MAW said:

I used the Miravision to adjust the colour, contrast and brightness. After doing that, I thought it looked great. I thought you swapped over to the black one?

No, they never actually gave me a straight answer as to which one would come in stock first, so I stuck with the blue. Glad I did, it looks really good. Its nowhere near as bright as it looks on the videos and from certain angles actually looks black.

I ordered a black one from aliexpress who were supposed to have them in stock but obviously didnt. Im now trying to cancel that but they keep ignoring my messages <_<

I've messed about with Miravision but the whites still look washed out and yellow :( 

Getting to that time of the 2nd year :rolleyes: again when my phone contract runs out.

I'm a iphone guy, wouldn't say I'm a fan boy or anything like that but I'm scared to switch to android after getting 3 faulty Samsung phones in a row a few years ago. Boalk at the thought of paying at least £40 a month for the new iphone though

That Leagoo S8 looks cracking.  Don't think I'd mind taking a punt on a phone like that for £100.

9 minutes ago, YER SISTERS YER MAW said:

I'm really pleased with how the colours and whites look on display. I do agree that the screen on the Maya Max looks brighter when both are on max though, but would say S8 is still bright enough, even in direct sunlight.
ce7de519c6b7b8405f57b8af714c0f26.jpg
fd77e4a16fdb035c997781e3a819e59c.jpg

Its not that it isnt bright enough, its that the whites look yellow.

Apparently, its not uncommon with new phones. I didnt really notice it that much at first until I put it beside the Max

Ive downloaded a screen adjuster app to play about with

17 minutes ago, YER SISTERS YER MAW said:

I've just come across how to add developer options in settings. Click on "About phone" in settings, then click on "Build number" 7 times. That adds the developer option in settings menu.

Theres a "use cooler colours" setting in there ... makes it worse :lol: