Buying a Chinese phone....

wunfellaff

The dash charging feature is absolutely ridiculous on the OnePlus 5.  I have my own fast charger and it clocks in at about 1400mAh and I thought that was rapid. I've just tried the one that OnePlus sent me directly and i'm getting a reading of around 3500 mAh. It feels like something from science fiction watching the battery level increase.

3 minutes ago, bopolopoluss1 said:

The dash charging feature is absolutely ridiculous on the OnePlus 5.  I have my own fast charger and it clocks in at about 1400mAh and I thought that was rapid. I've just tried the one that OnePlus sent me directly and i'm getting a reading of around 3500 mAh. It feels like something from science fiction watching the battery level increase.

I assume it's a step up from the dash charge on the One Plus 3?  I've still got mine and it charges from dead to full in about 30-40 mins, which is still pretty quick.

Probably not quite as obscure as some of the wonders of this thread but I've recently bought a new phone.

Blu Vivo 5r - Link

Cost me £98.98 from Amazon as a "Warehouse deal", as far as I can tell, it's absolutely brand new with the warranty stickers still in place, can only assume it was a return.

Have been unbelievably impressed by it so far for the money. It has a 5.5 inch full HD display, which is really sharp with nice contrast. Without going into internals, it's very snappy and I've not experienced any bogging down or lag. It's really nicely built and the fingerprint reader, SD card slot and large battery are other welcome additions. It even came with two screen protectors and a case.

Overall, it just seems like a really well polished product, it does have a slightly customized version of Android 6.0 but it's tasteful and all very stable and well thought out.

4 minutes ago, gavin_3110 said:

Probably not quite as obscure as some of the wonders of this thread but I've recently bought a new phone.

Blu Vivo 5r - Link

Cost me £98.98 from Amazon as a "Warehouse deal", as far as I can tell, it's absolutely brand new with the warranty stickers still in place, can only assume it was a return.

Have been unbelievably impressed by it so far for the money. It has a 5.5 inch full HD display, which is really sharp with nice contrast. Without going into internals, it's very snappy and I've not experienced any bogging down or lag. It's really nicely built and the fingerprint reader, SD card slot and large battery are other welcome additions. It even came with two screen protectors and a case.

Overall, it just seems like a really well polished product, it does have a slightly customized version of Android 6.0 but it's tasteful and all very stable and well thought out.

Seems a decent buy

Specs are similar to the Maya Max, other than the screen being smaller but higher resolution.

Wasnt Blu the manufacturer that was affected by the preinstalled malware apps? I'd check that out if I were you.

If anyone is looking for a good spec phone for under £100 (£97.88 if you buy on Gearbest app), they could do worse than this. It has a 5.5" Super Amoled screen , 6200mAh battery and a good camera.

Couple of reviews I've seen are positive too;

If anyone is looking for a good spec phone for under £100 (£97.88 if you buy on Gearbest app), they could do worse than this. It has a 5.5" Super Amoled screen , 6200mAh battery and a good camera.
Couple of reviews I've seen are positive too

How do you think it compares to the Vernee Thor E? I can't really see any noticeable difference.

16 minutes ago, Bairney The Dinosaur said:

How do you think it compares to the Vernee Thor E? I can't really see any noticeable difference.

The main differences I can see are the displays. The Thor E has an 5.0 IPS LCD display while the plus has a 5.5 Super Amoled display.  Both types have their advantages and disadvantages. Amoled displays produces deeper blacks, vibrant colours and use less power, giving much better battery life  and can be viewed better than IPS at angles, while IPS gives brighter whites, good daylight readability with sharp text and images, but Amoled displays generally cost more to produce and are not normally seen on budget phones, rather the  higher end ones.  The plus also has a 6200 battery compared to the 5020 on the E. and double the ROM of the E at 32MB's. Both look really good phones though for their pricetag. Do you own a Thor E Bairney? 

I ordered the blue one, so who knows

Speak to live chat and ask them when your order will be despatched. I did that last week and they told me they were expecting another batch in this week and that my order had been moved to priority. I thought they were just giving the standard spiel that everyone gets but maybe it has pushed it on. Maybe worth a try.

14 hours ago, YER SISTERS YER MAW said:

Speak to live chat and ask them when your order will be despatched. I did that last week and they told me they were expecting another batch in this week and that my order had been moved to priority. I thought they were just giving the standard spiel that everyone gets but maybe it has pushed it on. Maybe worth a try.

Live chat isnt available just now. I've sent a message on Facebook messenger

Looking at some of the Q&As on the product page , though, its not looking good. Lots of people who ordered before me being told it will be the end of October :(