Buying a Chinese phone....

wunfellaff

On 2017-6-22 at 20:01, Boostin' Kev said:

I'm waiting on mine getting delivered. They were out of stock initially when I looked but only took them around a fortnight to get more so keep checking.

Aye it's available again, at £110 rather than its lovely £75 sale price from a few days ago.

Paid £103 about a week and a half ago and it arrived on Friday.  Cba sitting down and setting it up just now, will wait until after the weekend. looks like I have to activate my previous SIM on the 3 website before it will start working in the Bluboo.  Quick question for those with the phone, wtf is that in the headphone jack?  It looks like some kind of plug but doesn't come out very easily.

Cheers for the replies.  So I just pull it out of the jack socket with no harm done? It's a good idea, I've had problems in the past with the socket getting clogged with paper.  Is there a place to put it once removed or do you put it in your wallet and hope for the best?

Edited by Boostin' Kev

1 hour ago, Boostin' Kev said:

Cheers for the replies.  So I just pull it out of the jack socket with no harm done? It's a good idea, I've had problems in the past with the socket getting clogged with paper.  Is there a place to put it once removed or do you put it in your wallet and hope for the best?

The latter, unfortunately. That is the major flaw in the idea :lol:

1 hour ago, Boostin' Kev said:

Does anyone have an idiots guide for taking my Three SIM from a Note 4 to a Bluyboo Max please?  Tried the Three website an getting nowhere with calls or internet connection.

Use the pin in the headphone socket and push it in the little hole on the left side until the SIM try pops out.

Hold the phone level when you do and pull the sim tray out, remember which way round it goes. 

The SIM sits on  top and should only go in one way. If you have an SD card put it in the left slot (assuming you're still holding the tray the way you pulled it out) and put the SIM in the right. Slide the tray back in but carefully so that the SIM doesnt pop out

IIRC there are some videos about inserting the SIM into the maya max. Three wont help you!

40 minutes ago, Boostin' Kev said:

I should have worded that better, getting the Sim in was a bit fiddly but it's fine.  The phone is reading my contacts but I can't make calls/text or access internet.

Well thats 30 seconds I'll never get back :rolleyes:

Are you sure you've got the SIM in properly? Go into settings then "SIM Card" and check you've got the right thing selected

2 hours ago, Boostin' Kev said:

I should have worded that better, getting the Sim in was a bit fiddly but it's fine.  The phone is reading my contacts but I can't make calls/text or access internet.

Make sure you switch moblie data on on your Maya Max once the sim's inserted. 

Settings> Data Usage> 3 UK> Turn on moblie data

Had a problem with the Umi Super I bought last year, it kept rebooting when it touched a hard surface. Phoned Amazon and they said return it and we'll refund the cost - great customer service.

Bought the Umi Plus as a replacement, basically the same price and much the same spec but the fingerprint scanner's on the front of the phone and much easier than the Super's. Also got a proper Umi charger this time around.