Buying a Chinese phone....

wunfellaff

I've had the pop up ads not long after I got the phone as well and done the factory reset. Thankfully I didn't have your problem Mr X. That sounds like your worst nightmare. The pop up ads did eventually come back but I downloaded an app called Adguard and not been bothered with them since.

7 minutes ago, Stevo Fife said:

Was thinking about taking the plunge on the Maya Max but after reading the comments above not so sure now?

Is it worth the hassle?

Then again, can it be any worse than a Samsung phone?:whistle

Dont let what I said put you off. Its a great phone. I was actually thinking about looking at the custom roms for a while but just hadnt got round to it.

Cheers guys. Away to order one right now[emoji4]

Word of advice. Don't pay extra for expedited delivery as it seems to take a lot longer to arrive for some bizarre reason,.(just ask Mr X[emoji6] ). I would recommend going for insurance though. I think its only a couple of quid extra.

Has anyone had any issue's with the fingerprint recognition on their phones (mine is Umi Super)? I've had to turn it off on my phone as over the last week it has just been going off constantly, when the phone was in my pocket, even sat on my desk (with the detector pointing up!!) it was just buzzing away saying fingerprint not recognised.

I've switched it off for now, and back to drawing in a pattern isn't really too much of a hardship, but quite liked the fingerprint recognition. 

Anyone else with an Umi Super having issues since the Android 7 upgrade? I was having problems with the Bluetooth switching itself off but the further upgrade in early March fixed it. Or so I thought. That issue's back, along with an inability to maintain the flight mode - it now keeps turning it off meaning I have to turn the phone off completely when flying.

Anyone else having these issues? Any suggestions/fixes?

ETA - battery settings issue, not sure why they changed, all the same...

Edited by salmonbuddie

I just did a waterproof test on my maya max... by which I mean I just dropped it in the bath [emoji23]

Fished it out quick and dried it off, still working fine. Didn't even reboot [emoji4]

It was the fish tank for me, although mine went a bit haywire for a couple of days. Had to do the old rice bag trick to dry out the inside of it..

I just read about a back door exploit on the Maya Max

http://bluproducts.com/security/#

https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=69687152&postcount=192

I dont know about others but Ive had ads pop up on mine before I wiped it. I installed a custom ROM and, to be honest, Im not convinced thats ok. Im about to go back to stock following the instructions on the XDA thread

@RussellV1 @Njord @YER SISTERS YER MAW 

Edited by Mr X

1 minute ago, Mr X said:

I just read about a back door exploit on the Maya Max

http://bluproducts.com/security/#

https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=69687152&postcount=192

I dont know about others but Ive had ads pop up on mine before I wiped it. I installed a custom ROM and, to be honest, Im not convinced thats ok. Im about to go back to stock following the instructions on the XDA thread

@RussellV1 @Njord @YER SISTERS YER MAW 

@stuthejag @Stevo Fife

wouldnt let me tag you in the original post. I think I've tagged everyone who has a Maya Max