Buying a Chinese phone....

wunfellaff

They were the most expensive I had - and I had two! I have more expensive coral in the tank though

Clown fish are quite hardy, as are the other species I had. The issue seems to be stress usually brought one when I put a new fish into the tank, so quarantine wouldnt really help. I thought I could get 4 fish in the tank but Im going to stick at 3 next time.

I usually find it's the newcomer/s that are under the most stress due to the established fish bullying them to show their hierarchy and as a result the most susceptible to catch diseases, well that seems to be the case with African Cichlids.

28 minutes ago, YER SISTERS YER MAW said:

I usually find it's the newcomer/s that are under the most stress due to the established fish bullying them to show their hierarchy and as a result the most susceptible to catch diseases, well that seems to be the case with African Cichlids.

Yes, usually. Although when mixing species the more aggressive ones tend to be least susceptible to stress. The problem with white spot is it spreads very quickly and easily

6 minutes ago, YER SISTERS YER MAW said:

Oops! We seem to have derailed this thread. lol Any new tracking info on your phone?

We do!

Nope, still showing as sitting in Hong Kong.

I think I've been lucky not to have had a white spot outbreak to a tank yet *touch wood* Probably had a fish die with the disease but not noticed the whitespot but lucky not to spread to tankmates.

They are ripping the p**h with your phone now.You should be entitled to a refund on the extra delivery charges.

5 minutes ago, YER SISTERS YER MAW said:

I think I've been lucky not to have had a white spot outbreak to a tank yet *touch wood* Probably had a fish die with the disease but not noticed the whitespot but lucky not to spread to tankmates.

They are ripping the p**h with your phone now.You should be entitled to a refund on the extra delivery charges.

Still today and tomorrow to go on the 6 days they said it would take. After that, I'll definitely be pushing for a refund. Knowing my luck, I'll get stung for customs as well

The saga continues.

The DHL website still says "Shipment information received", so I contacted them yesterday. Just received a reply basically saying they havent picked anything up yet. So Ive forwarded that to Gearbest and told them I want the phone sent from their EU warehouse today. 

I wont be holding my breath <_<

The saga continues.

The DHL website still says "Shipment information received", so I contacted them yesterday. Just received a reply basically saying they havent picked anything up yet. So Ive forwarded that to Gearbest and told them I want the phone sent from their EU warehouse today. 

I wont be holding my breath <_>

Good for you! Ridiculous you still haven't received it yet.

19 minutes ago, YER SISTERS YER MAW said:

Good for you! Ridiculous you still haven't received it yet.

Yeah, they ignored that part of my email :lol:

They offered me 200 points on my account - like Im going to order from them again

I countered with a refund of the delivery charge, lets see what they say about that

Finally, some progress. The tracking info updated overnight and is now at the Hong Kong depot,which is good. It now has an estimated delivery of Nov 2nd, which is bad.

It's nice to know the phone is coming but that date is 11 working days after it was shipped. Delivery is supposed to be 2-6.

I won't rest until my shipping charge is refunded!

1 hour ago, Kennboy1978 said:

Is this common practice with them ? Was going to order a few things for Christmas. Maybe not now.

I've used Gearbest once and my order took about 2 months to come, I'd given up on it,  but I order pretty regularly from Ali Express and my deliverys usually take about a fortnight using standard post.

14 minutes ago, Mr X said:

This is my first time. Njord seems to have used them a lot without any problems and YSYM ordered the same phone in almost the same day and got it a few days later.

Sorry X, naw.

I said at the start of the Umi quest I was a virg.

Got hit with Customs so partly wish I had stuck with SpeMall etc.

But.... In my case, China - Sutherland in 4 days.

I can understand X's pissed off ness but I think that could go with any seller. Ali's is a far bigger Eastern eBay, they don't sell anything. Same probs could apply.

BTW...

Anyone who bought an Umi Plus ..... twin of the Super.... 

Nougat beta available now.

Hope the Super follows quickly as the ROM would pretty much be similar.

Ordered an android box from Gearbest, took about 12 days. My phone arrived in 7 days, both using the cheaper delivery option. With the shenanigan's that Mr X has experienced, it seems the cheaper option appears to be the most reliable with Gearbest.

Sorry X, naw.

I said at the start of the Umi quest I was a virg.

Got hit with Customs so partly wish I had stuck with SpeMall etc.

But.... In my case, China - Sutherland in 4 days.

I can understand X's pissed off ness but I think that could go with any seller. Ali's is a far bigger Eastern eBay, they don't sell anything. Same probs could apply.

BTW...

Anyone who bought an Umi Plus ..... twin of the Super.... 

Nougat beta available now.

Hope the Super follows quickly as the ROM would pretty much be similar.

Sorry, I remember that now. I remembered you'd ordered stuff before but forgot you hadn't used grearbest

I've used Gearbest once and my order took about 2 months to come, I'd given up on it,  but I order pretty regularly from Ali Express and my deliverys usually take about a fortnight using standard post.

Ordered mostly football strips for my son from Ali, two weeks for them. Got a replacement tablet screen in about a week. Those sellers have been great so far. Think I'll stick with what I know.

In saying that the same sellers probably sell across all the usual suspects.