Arcade Fire

AirdrieGuy

Funeral. If you don't like this album you will unlikely ever really get Arcade Fire. I haven't listened to the new album but my favourite goes in this order-

1.Funeral

2.The Suburbs

3.Neon Bible.

All three albums are truly excellent stuff.

I've got to be honest - I don't think they've ever scaled the heights of Funeral again. I thought Neon Bible was good, but I really didn't get The Suburbs at all - thought it was pretty poor in all honesty. I saw the video as a 'premier' for the new album about 6 weeks ago, and thought meh. I do need to remember however that I thought much the same the first time I heard individual tracks from Funeral, which is now up there with my favourite albums of all time. I feel they lost the emotional drive and unbelievable energy in The Suburbs which made Funeral such a special album, although I do appreciate they were going through diffcult times in their personal lives when they wrote the songs for Funeral.

I'll probably get it in the not too distant future, although The Suburbs sullied them slightly for me.

I thought The Suburbs was really good, and better than Neon Bible. They'll never be able to get that edge they had in Funeral. We might as well accept that. That said, No Cars Go on Neon Bible is probably their best song. They had it on their debut EP, but they really got it right when they included it on that.

I thought The Suburbs was really good, and better than Neon Bible. They'll never be able to get that edge they had in Funeral. We might as well accept that. That said, No Cars Go on Neon Bible is probably their best song. They had it on their debut EP, but they really got it right when they included it on that.

Yeah I really liked No Cars Go. Intervention is probably my favourite Arcade Fire song that's not on Funeral, it's an incredible song. I couldn't pick a song from The Suburbs that scaled any higher than average for me. Maybe I was expecting something else from that album and haven't given it a fair crack, but I was just completely underwhelmed.

My Body Is A Cage live is blindingly good. I think alot of folk were harsh on Neon Bible because it wasn't as good as Funeral. It's still a very good album.

The Suburbs for me is only just off being on par with Funeral.

I love each of their albums in their own ways. In terms of raw emotion, Funeral is spectacular, especially 7 Kettles. Wake Up on its own is unbelievable too. It would be amazing to see live this weekend, sadly they've not had it on their set list:

Neon Bible is very underrated in my opinion. The main songs off it are brilliant, but even stuff like Ocean of Noise and My Body is a Cage are excellent. The Suburbs is probably my favourite of their albums. It seems to flow absolutely perfectly.

Buzzing for this weekend!

Looks like this made last night and tonight in London. Hope it`s still there come Saturday !

+1 - Tremendous song and my favourite off The Suburbs by some distance.

Haven't seen a setlist from tonight yet but they opened with Reflecktor followed by Power Out last night. Really hoping they do that on Friday - what a way to start things off!

Aye, fair looking forward to this now. Dug out the suit yesterday which is airing away. Trying to decide whether or not I should go with a cravat and a buttonhole/flower thing to try and look a bit dapper. The downside for me is that I have to drive :(

I checked out the setlist from last night's London show and noticed they covered
The Clash's 'I'm So Bored With The USA'. I'd be very intrigued to hear their
version of that.

Edited by Shengus Khan

North American arena tour just announced for March and April then again in August. Wonder if they've left May - July for a European tour or if they're keeping it for the festival season (Glastonbury headliner?).

They're doing European festivals in May/June so I think they'll either play Glastonbury or do another big outdoor gig in London like they did in Hyde Park a couple of years ago.