Celtic v Morton

hoopy1967

Fully expecting another game to be added to the list of utter pumpings against SPL teams in the Cup, but hopefully a combination of complacency and having Champions League games in the midweeks either side of this game lead Lennon to put out a weakened team which gives us a better chance of an upset.

I've never been to Celtic Park so I'm looking forward to it. As long as we give a good account of ourselves and don't just sit back and let Celtic steam-roll us, I'll be happy. Hopefully Mr Rae forks out the cash for a striker before this as well.

Nice wee pay out for Morton at minimum assuming Parkhead pulls in over 30,000 fans :)

Nah, don't expect more than 20,000 at this one - though at least 2,000 will be in the away end.

Lennon and co. will be too wrapped up in their Champions' League and Premiership commitments but even if they put out their 'C' side they'll still win. Fancy us to give them a good run for their money though!

I've never been to Celtic Park so I'm looking forward to it. As long as we give a good account of ourselves and don't just sit back and let Celtic steam-roll us, I'll be happy. Hopefully Mr Rae forks out the cash for a striker before this as well.

This is more than likely what will happen. Our problem against top flight teams in the past has been that we've shown them far too much respect and just sat in and let them put crosses into the box, where we are of course a disaster area. We need to sit higher than we usually do in these games and press them as soon as they're in our half if we're going to stop them scoring an embarrassing number of goals, but considering that Moore was too afraid to take that risk against Dundee I see no prospect of it happening at Parkhead.

The worst thing Morton can do is be scared of Celtic. They really aren't very good if you get right in about them, as we showed at Hampden 7 months ago. I fancy a wee upset here and i hope there is one, as long as the Ton get pumped in the quarters by St Johnstone or something ;)

Nice wee pay out for Morton at minimum assuming Parkhead pulls in over 30,000 fans :)

You can't even show up in that number for league or crucial Champions League ties champ.

Wouldn't be surprised if we outnumbered TGFITW tbh.

Couldn't Stranraer have rolled over and let us get our usual cup tie?

Cannot be arsed with this one - no idea how to get to this by car (and not sure my car would survive being parked near the ground), trains means walking amid the Neanderthals to and from the game and the nearby boozers are Rangers shrines. It'll be like a morgue, the payout will be shite and we'll get humped as per.

Really fucked off at this draw, and we haven't kicked a ball yet.

Cannot be arsed with this one - no idea how to get to this by car (and not sure my car would survive being parked near the ground), trains means walking amid the Neanderthals to and from the game and the nearby boozers are Rangers shrines. It'll be like a morgue, the payout will be shite and we'll get humped as per.

That's the spirit... <_<

Lighten up.

Considering Moore's record against teams from a higher division, especially away from home, this could be a bloodbath. Hopefully the second string Celtic side will be disjointed enough to let us off lightly, but I'm sure our master tactician will come up with a tremendous plan like he did against Motherwell, ICT, Dundee...oh dear :unsure:

I'd expect the crowd to be about 15000, that seems about the usual for Celtic in the League Cup. I hate playing against either of the OF, at least it's not at home where the local fans of whichever the other team is come out and support their 'wee team' in numbers :thumbsdown

We'll probably get shafted, but the build up to this one will be good.

I have a lot of Celtic mates, so this is a huge opportunity to finally gain some bragging rights over them. A win in this one would be sensational.

The tiniest inkling of a chance of this happening is what will make me inevitably try and go.

I've never even seen us score at Parkhead, that would be nice too.

Is this on the Tuesday or Wednesday?

I would also like to know.

Cant believe the first post from Ayrshire ton, (unusually doomladen) perhaps a 4 hour journey to Dingwall would have suited better. It's only the East end of the City ffs. And to talk of Neanderthal's... I'm pretty sure we have our fair share.

The signs aren't great of course...we've been humped by Annan, Dumbarton, and Falkirk and struggled to see off East Fife. We dont have a recognised strike force and we have a keystone cop defence. But f**k it, if our team go out and give it their all there's always a chance of a decent game - and if they raise their game, maybe even a shock. So for me it's probably the most exciting tie we could have hoped for- and even a half empty Celtic Park will give us a decent bit of cash.

Yes , it is our cup final -so get up there and make the most of it.

I would also like to know.

Cant believe the first post from Ayrshire ton, (unusually doomladen) perhaps a 4 hour journey to Dingwall would have suited better. It's only the East end of the City ffs. And to talk of Neanderthal's... I'm pretty sure we have our fair share.

The signs aren't great of course...we've been humped by Annan, Dumbarton, and Falkirk and struggled to see off East Fife. We dont have a recognised strike force and we have a keystone cop defence. But f**k it, if our team go out and give it their all there's always a chance of a decent game - and if they raise their game, maybe even a shock. So for me it's probably the most exciting tie we could have hoped for- and even a half empty Celtic Park will give us a decent bit of cash.

Yes , it is our cup final -so get up there and make the most of it.

Ach, you've convinced me. If I can go, I will.

Besides, Morton will get half of my money regardless.