Football Manager 2014

Lyle Lanley

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Never bought the last one as i heard it was crap, but think ill pick this one up.

Prepares to lose alot of time to FM once again :lol:

FM13 is the best football management game since CM 01/02. Generally, the people who thought it was 'crap' were those who relied on cheat tactics in previous games, which no longer work (to the same degree anyway) on the latest game. It's by far the most involving, immersive game of the series. Played this one for more hours than any of the previous versions.

FM13 is the best football management game since CM 01/02. Generally, the people who thought it was 'crap' were those who relied on cheat tactics in previous games, which no longer work (to the same degree anyway) on the latest game. It's by far the most involving, immersive game of the series. Played this one for more hours than any of the previous versions.

I'm currently at 523 hours, my record is 2012 with 549 hours, so I'll likely be the same

* Director of Football suggests changing transfer values following unsuccessful attempts to sell

• "Insert value' pop-up when adding a player to "Unwanted List"
  • Position history graph when picking a team to manage
  • Going on pre-season tours abroad boost shirt sales
  • Captains can be asked to determine the mood/togetherness of the dressing room to help you know when you should have a team meeting
  • Captain/Vice can be asked to help out a team mate having personal problems
  • Official Real Time Editor available as a paid download (cost tbc) for FM14 sim mode.
  • Improved details on MLS and A-League specific finance screens.
  • Schedule to play at a bigger stadium in some European cup competitions if home stadium is too small
  • Viareggio Club World Football Tourament Coppa Carnevale now featured
  • Check contract details for players you've agreed future transfers for
  • Added MLS Waiver Draft in November
  • Can assign Assistant Manager to take control of training
  • Improved scouting assignments generating more reports
  • Team records News item available at welcome meeting
  • Competition tables can now be sorted
  • Define favourite formation when adding a new manager.
  • Hyperlinks to division names in season summary
  • Leak interest in vacant position to press
  • Transfer budget takes all clauses and bonuses into account
  • Improved explanation of how Director of Football works in FM and FMC
  • You know have the ability to make a player on loan captain
  • Train players to develop as leaders
  • PIK loans added
  • Split 1st and 2nd half shot analysis
  • Marker in financial projection graph to indicate where the club are in relation to the budget
  • MLS Transfer revamp
  • 'Where Are They Now' button available on transfer history screen
  • Make players available for youth squads, as well as reserves.
  • Have a conversation with captain to tell him he's going to be replaced and give reasons why
  • Refs now retire, and new ones appear.
  • Regional refs for regional comps, such as Conference North
  • Privately congratulate player on winning 1st cap or scoring 1st international goal
  • Press conf. question if stadium improvements or new stadium request is granted/rejected by chairman
  • Streamlined first level "Add to Shortlist" menu option on Player Screen
  • Player suitability delivered in one report in Backroom Advice Screenshot
  • More information displayed on Manager and Staff screen in FMC
  • Relevant press conference questions when joining struggling side mid-season
  • Increased attendances for friendlies at new stadiums
  • More realistic fan reaction to losses against superior opposition
  • One news story generated if multiple players withdraw from international squad contracts Screenshot
  • Press conference question on Chairman's ambitions for the club, if any requests are rejected
  • Full access to shortlists regardless of which team managed or if unemployed
  • Streamlined Continental Qualification seeding news stories
  • Request fixture rearrange or postponement if multiple players are called up for international duty
  • Preview news item on next round of league fixtures
  • Ability in training calendar to split days into Rest and Match Preparation Screenshot
  • Your team is already picked for you when taking over a club in FMC
  • Training camp shown on training calendar
  • Press conference question on new chairman after a takeover
  • Support multiple contract end dates
  • MLS reserve league update
  • Revamp to conversation with concerned player over their asking price
  • Player position labels link to position section
  • "Ungentlemanly Conduct" renamed "Unsporting Behaviour" Screenshot
  • Recommended player button added in news items for new staff signings
  • Save custom database set-ups
  • Press conference question on chairman's future when looking to sell the club
  • Where appropriate, supporter owned clubs won't sell to businessmen
  • Separate staff budget
  • News item explaining league contract rules when joining MLS/ A-League team Screenshot
  • Press can suggest a specific player is not the team's best player and is overrated
  • Levy on all transfer spending by football league clubs invested into youth development
  • Club badges on the Next Match panel of the Manager profile are now hyperlinked
  • Multiple news stories now combined when players are injured, withdrawn or used as replacements

What a fucking joke that is. Having to buy the Editor. Chancing b*****ds

I think you get a free editor as always. But you can purchase one that lets you edits things during a save game that take effect during the save. No doubt you'll find something to moan about that though aswell SOL

I've made an executive decision and I won't be buying this. Hardly played FM13 (something like 10 hours) and it's just not worth my time right now. I have the time to play it but I haven't enjoyed it at all. It's not just FM13, 12/11/10... too. So, for now, I won't be getting it. This may well change but I don't put in the man hours any more and this makes me sad.

there is, Every year you come on and moan about FM 'cause you're too much of idiot to work steam or moan about new features because they just confuse your simple brain.

Says the guy who was in fits of rage because you couldn't un train a player in a position...

Fucks sake lads. Leave the personal abuse out of it. The use of the term 'mongo' is really not on.

Get on with discussing your game, leave out the shite, eh?

You could've at least deleted my posts too so I don't look like I'm a complete cretin with random smilies after my own posts and a very misplaced "loud noises" GIF :lol:

I didn't buy FM13 as my laptop is hardly good enough for FM12. I just use the 2D match engine though. I prefer it to 3D.

I will buy FM14 after I get a new laptop. I would have probably waited until after the first patch was out as one of the two things you can guarantee about a new FM is that it will be riddled with bugs the other being that Dundee Utd will be overrated.

I'm gagging for a wee game though. I haven't played FM for about 5 months.

Archived