Car advice

I’ve now got the 5 seat (with three full seats across back) citron c4 Picasso. I often end up taking my sons best mate when we go out for day as evens things up! 

I originally traded the 500 for a 308sw which had good boot space but the turbo died. Then had a corsa but it was neat on space too. But dad gave me it as I was still paying the 308 off 

Don't buy Renault, ever. I had a Clio as my first car, it was shit, so I said I'd never have another Renault. A few years later I thought that the Clio wasn't as bad as I remembered and bought a Megane. It was also a piece of shit.
Don't buy Renault.

Okay mate I won’t.

32 minutes ago, die hard doonhamer said:

Don't buy Renault, ever. I had a Clio as my first car, it was shit, so I said I'd never have another Renault. A few years later I thought that the Clio wasn't as bad as I remembered and bought a Megane. It was also a piece of shit.

Don't buy Renault.

We were the same, has a Scenic, got rid for something else.  When we decided it was time to change again, there was a good deal on another Scenic, and convinced ourselves that the previous one 'hadn't been that bad'.

It had been, and the 2nd one had exactly the same issues.  Electrics on both were horrendous, windows that stuck, windows that went up or down by their own decision, central locking was intermittent, etc.  Not great cars.

2 hours ago, throbber said:

PB.

If you're just after a practical car to get from A to B with a big boot, I would consider a Nissan Note if a low mileage one comes up . The rear seats go back and forward very easily on a rail so you can make a bit more room for adults in the back if you need to. I've found Nissans to be very reliable. Think they've stopped making them now which may make the price cheaper.*

*  It's not a collectors car but there will be a sufficient stock of spare parts imo.

Edited by welshbairn

2 to 3 year old 
I have a 6 plate Kia cee'd, great car well specced , decent space in the back and boot. Have used the warranty to replace a flickering daytime light in the cluster , replaced whole unit and the other one as a precaution no fuss .

We were the same, has a Scenic, got rid for something else.  When we decided it was time to change again, there was a good deal on another Scenic, and convinced ourselves that the previous one 'hadn't been that bad'.
It had been, and the 2nd one had exactly the same issues.  Electrics on both were horrendous, windows that stuck, windows that went up or down by their own decision, central locking was intermittent, etc.  Not great cars.

My Clio had a sensor fault that meant it would just die on you. When that happened as I was overtaking on the A9 with my, at the time, 1 year old son in the car I knew it was time to bin it. With the Megane it was the boot switch that went first, every time I hit a bump it would just fly open.

Every fucker in Kirkcaldy seems to have a Kia Sportage. Get one of those, Throbber.

Yeah Kia s are good cars. I don’t even think I’m going to test drive the Renault today I properly can’t be fucked! Think I’ll just hang around this thread for the next year or so dithering over what car I’m going to buy/lease.

1 minute ago, throbber said:

Yeah Kia s are good cars. I don’t even think I’m going to test drive the Renault today I properly can’t be fucked! Think I’ll just hang around this thread for the next year or so dithering over what car I’m going to buy/lease.

If you must have a Renault, get a Renaultsport. They take them off to a different production line and screw them together properly. A fast Clio or Megane can still look reasonably sensible, perfectly practical for baby stuff yet is amazing to drive. 

Just lease a 2 year old focus, use the 6 grand to pay the lease payments meanwhile saving a wee bit to cover the shortfall at the end. Far less hassle and cost than buy an older car just at the age everything starts to go tits up. I was in the exact same position as you two months ago and delighted I opted for the newer, hopefully hassle free option.

Just lease a 2 year old focus, use the 6 grand to pay the lease payments meanwhile saving a wee bit to cover the shortfall at the end. Far less hassle and cost than buy an older car just at the age everything starts to go tits up. I was in the exact same position as you two months ago and delighted I opted for the newer, hopefully hassle free option.

How much do you pay per month on your newer model?