Car advice

Anyway, sorry for hijacking the thread, as I’ve been looking for a car for the wife I have noticed some really good 0% finance deals on brand new Hondas that might tempt the guys looking at the latest finance deals. She still wanted a C-Max though so that’s what she got! 

Or maybe hold on for another few weeks when the new plates come out and grab a better deal on the used car trade ins.

My bank loan rates were worse than what Arnold Clark were offering on finance.

Ac will quote the loan rate differently than your bank.

I had ac clydebank trying to compete with my bank loan rate before it became apparent they were quoting it differently. I think it was a flat rate against apr rate but am not sure.

On 18/02/2018 at 18:38, JamieT1314 said:

My bank loan rates were worse than what Arnold Clark were offering on finance.

This is because finance is secured on the car. You stop paying, AC just come and take the car back. There's collateral there.

There isn't that kind of security for a bank loan. You stop paying, the car is still yours.

Secured loans are always cheaper than unsecured.

2 minutes ago, sonsanorak said:

Ac will quote the loan rate differently than your bank.

I had ac clydebank trying to compete with my bank loan rate before it became apparent they were quoting it differently. I think it was a flat rate against apr rate but am not sure.

Yes, this is another common trick. You have to roughly double a flat rate to get a fair comparison with an APR.

22 minutes ago, JamieT1314 said:

They quote both and still beat my bank which I found strange.

Bank quoting 16% and Arnold clark quoting 9% Apr.

It was my banks pcp car finance specific loan so also secured.

Meh, could be a hundred reasons. You just maybe don't fit your bank's criteria of what they regard as a AAA lender.

3 minutes ago, Rowan said:

Hammer and screwdriver didn’t work on boot release So I’ll need take it to a garage.

My niece and husband (nephew-in-law?) have accessed their car boot through the back seats for about 6 months. I think you're doing the right thing.

3 minutes ago, PB 4.2 said:

Homelessness is a terrible thing.  

Both are on 5 figure salaries, own their own house and could easily afford the services of a garage mechanic, or even exchanging their rust bucket Kia for a fairly new Nissan. I blame her for weaning him onto the vegetarian cult.

18 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Both are on 5 figure salaries, own their own house and could easily afford the services of a garage mechanic, or even exchanging their rust bucket Kia for a fairly new Nissan. I blame her for weaning him onto the vegetarian cult.

Do they have any trees taller than the highest point of the roof/chimney?     Or an outside shed?   

10 minutes ago, PB 4.2 said:

Do they have any trees taller than the highest point of the roof/chimney?     Or an outside shed?   

They live on the Rutherglen fringes. I assume they have padlocks on their bins and any trees have long ago been cut down for firewood.

Edited by welshbairn

2 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

They live on the Rutherglen fringes. I assume they have padlocks on their bins and any wood has long ago been cut down for firewood.

Sorry for introducing some #perthshireproblems to your Glasgow ( or it might be south Lanarkshire )  relations.    

I quite like Rutherglen as it reminds me of travelling to Hampden, and some v.v.v.v.v impressive track time on the Cambuslang Go-Karting.   

#Karting   #Kia