Car advice

My car has developed a nice little clunking sound when it goes over bumps, especially sleeping policemen. Fairly sure it's coming from the left front wheel, but can't see anything wrong, broken or out of place. It's murder on slow roads but not a peep on the motorway. It drives fine. Just the noise...

1 hour ago, scottsdad said:

My car has developed a nice little clunking sound when it goes over bumps, especially sleeping policemen. Fairly sure it's coming from the left front wheel, but can't see anything wrong, broken or out of place. It's murder on slow roads but not a peep on the motorway. It drives fine. Just the noise...

28 minutes ago, killiepiemuncher said:

Broken spring. Very common these days with speed bumps and numerous pot holes.

Or worn out shock absorber. 

2 hours ago, scottsdad said:

Take it to a garage.  Do not rely on speculation on P&B.

I had this it was a piece of the suspension coil that had sheared off and was stuck inside the pot thing at the bottom. Get it checked because it could cause a blow out.

4 hours ago, killiepiemuncher said:

Broken spring.

4 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

Or worn out shock absorber.

Both  a possibility for sure. Also consider the bushes. Common MOT fail when they wear out. 

Are you looking for a diagnosis or a remedy?

8 hours ago, scottsdad said:

Does it go       clunk       clunk        clunk     clunk

Or

Clunkclunkclunkclunk?