Car advice

1 minute ago, paranoid android said:

Me again - it's been a while.

Got my V11 vehicle tax reminder today - was expecting it.

However, as well as the road tax thing, there's a note on the V11 that says:

'This vehicle needs an appropriate MOT test certificate'

The care was MOT'd in August.

Anybody seen this before?

Surely the garage that did the MOT are responsible for logging the MOT with the DVLA?

You will have an MOT certificate (assuming the car passed) and this will be registered with the DVLA.

When you renew online the DVLA will automatically check for an MOT and Insurance (assuming that you have it), before proceeding with your purchase.

6 minutes ago, Zen Archer said:

You will have an MOT certificate (assuming the car passed) and this will be registered with the DVLA.

When you renew online the DVLA will automatically check for an MOT and Insurance (assuming that you have it), before proceeding with your purchase.

Cheers, Zen. :thumsup2

In the good old days before everything was computerised, I bought a blank mot certificate from a Russian guy in a car park in Gilmerton. Think I paid about £25 for it. It had a garage stamp on it from Dumbarton. Was able to renew my road tax with it.

Anybody leased before?

Basically looking for a cheap running second car as the wife needs to commute a bit now. Been looking at the fiesta or the up about 120-130 a month. How long do they normally take? Any horror stories?

17 minutes ago, nelsjfc said:

Anybody leased before?

Basically looking for a cheap running second car as the wife needs to commute a bit now. Been looking at the fiesta or the up about 120-130 a month. How long do they normally take? Any horror stories?

Check this thread out, lots of good advice and recommendations

Grrr. Someone did this to my car this morning. I'm quite mellow in my old age and my rage subsided within a matter of minutes. There's CCTV so I'll hopefully find out who did it. A wee note might have been nice just to say "sorry for hitting your car". 

IMG_1793.JPG

32 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

It's one of the first. Looks standard but it's a bit tweaked under the bonnet/brakes. It never leaves town so it was just more interesting to doss about in than a modern city car. 

What do you do for a living?

4 minutes ago, Rugster said:

What do you do for a living?

Nothing very interesting. Work in property. And I don't really watch much television, especially not reality pish! Was always a serial car buyer but got a bit sick of modern cars with all the gadgets etc. Bought the old Audi six months ago and love it. Such nice quality, quick and it's tiny so good for parking. 

9 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Nothing very interesting. Work in property. And I don't really watch much television, especially not reality pish! Was always a serial car buyer but got a bit sick of modern cars with all the gadgets etc. Bought the old Audi six months ago and love it. Such nice quality, quick and it's tiny so good for parking. 

Just being nosey!