Ray Donovan

YER SISTERS YER MAW

That again was crazy confusing. So, Abby did die of cancer then. Ray abandoned her on that night, pumped that lass, comes back to find his wife dead. Have I got that right? And that lass just happens to be the one that he was swerving from when they crashed the car. Now is sorting out her business in the present. Jesus... That was actually one of the worst episodes of Ray Donovan I think.

2 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:

Yeah that's how I see it too. Could they not have just done it in order?

I don't know if they felt like they'd gone too formulaic for the past couple of seasons and tried to switch it up, providing a big shock to kick off the season. They killed off the annoying Abby but she seems to have featured more in these episodes than she ever did. Hopefully we're reaching the point soon where we catch up to the current timeline and see where Ray goes from here. The anger management stuff must be slightly working for him because I genuinely thought he was gonna lose his shit and start bouncing that lassie's head off the wall when he found her in his bed (on Abby's side too I must add). 

• 2 weeks later...

Feel let down this season so far. Hated Abby, don't care about her death. No need for the mind f'ck.

Not going to bother watching it if it's going to be like this for the rest of the season. Bunch though, who seen that coming last week? [emoji85].

Not watched this weeks episode yet.

The confusing slog of a build up probably elevated the past two episodes even more. Liev and Eddie at their absolute best. I was a tad choked up throughout. Not so much because it was Abby that died (never really liked her), but seeing Ray like that was tough. Savage brawl at the end.

• 9 months later...
  • 2 months later...