Ray Donovan

YER SISTERS YER MAW

Has anyone watched the first couple of episodes of this on Sky Atlantic? It's being dubbed by Sky as 'The Sopranos on Sunset Boulevard' on advertising billboards. I've watched the trailer and it looks like it has potential and worth a watch,

I've watched the first episode, and have got the second to watch later tonight. Not sure, to be honest - Liev Schreiber seems to not have the presence to carry the main character. Yeah, I know, but that's just my impression. Going to give it a chance, mind, given that the chances of him, Voight and Gould all getting involved in a shitparcel are pretty slim. Plus Eddie Marsan's in it, and he normally puts in a decent shift.

I've watched the first episode, and have got the second to watch later tonight. Not sure, to be honest - Liev Schreiber seems to not have the presence to carry the main character. Yeah, I know, but that's just my impression. Going to give it a chance, mind, given that the chances of him, Voight and Gould all getting involved in a shitparcel are pretty slim. Plus Eddie Marsan's in it, and he normally puts in a decent shift.

I thnk I'll watch two or three episodes and see how it pans out, cheers WRK!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Trust me, he pulls it off brilliantly (even though he's not a gangster). A cracking, complex character which you learn a little more about in every episode.

Anyone watching this? Anyone at all? It's 2 weeks ahead in the US compared to Sky.

I think it's fantastic. Just a nice amount of dark humour as well to break up the seriousness.

Jon Voight is brilliant.

We started watching it this week as it's been taking up room on the Sky box and we had nothing else to watch.

I wish we'd been watching it sooner! Absolutely loving it and John Voight is easily the best thing about it. Him mad wi it dancing in the gay bar had me in absolute stiches.

My missus pointed out, that other than him being a bit of a b*****d (and that 1 very bad thing he did in the first ep) he hasn't actually done anything to justify the hatred that Ray has for him yet. There's a menacing undercurrent to him that makes you feel that something horrible is just about to happen at all times, but he's not done anything to follow through with it. Yet.

I'm sure that'll change.

ETA: The wee bit of stuff that has the hot's for Ray. Offft

Edited by KnightswoodBear

We started watching it this week as it's been taking up room on the Sky box and we had nothing else to watch.

I wish we'd been watching it sooner! Absolutely loving it and John Voight is easily the best thing about it. Him mad wi it dancing in the gay bar had me in absolute stiches.

My missus pointed out, that other than him being a bit of a b*****d (and that 1 very bad thing he did in the first ep) he hasn't actually done anything to justify the hatred that Ray has for him yet. There's a menacing undercurrent to him that makes you feel that something horrible is just about to happen at all times, but he's not done anything to follow through with it. Yet.

I'm sure that'll change.

ETA: The wee bit of stuff that has the hot's for Ray. Offft

They said in the last episode that he killed Ray's girlfriend when he was younger

• 4 weeks later...